Creating .PACK files???

moopy_e

So ive recently wanted to get into fan translation and have been looking at other ppls work to sort of reverse engineer the process to do it myself, Ive discovered how to unpack .PACK files to edit but am having a lot of trouble putting it back into a .PACK format to reinsert into the game itself. 

From what ive gathered the files im working with are qlie engine files.

Ive tried arc_conv and mangekyou_util but they either dont work or I cant seem to figure them out 

long and short of it: if someone has an in depth tutorial for these softwares or an entirely new software they can share to make folders into .PACK files itd be really helpful, thanks! :)

Not sure if this'll work for other games or not, but the all of one time I've messed with pack files, I used CreateSRPak.

Given the name of the utility I'm pretty sure it was specifically designed for Symphonic Rain, and the game I used it on was another Kogado Studio game (Ohanabatake no Flore), so can't guarantee that it will work on games by other developers but might be worth a try.

You can download it from here:

http://juicy.s53.xrea.com/program/archive/createSRPak_20080330.rar

Basically you just open the application, drag the files into the window, then go to ファイル(F) > 圧縮開始 (R) and choose where you want to save your .pak file.

createSRPak_SS01.png

1 hour ago, Shinyun226 said:

Not sure if this'll work for other games or not, but the all of one time I've messed with pack files, I used CreateSRPak.

Given the name of the utility I'm pretty sure it was specifically designed for Symphonic Rain, and the game I used it on was another Kogado Studio game (Ohanabatake no Flore), so can't guarantee that it will work on games by other developers but might be worth a try.

You can download it from here:

http://juicy.s53.xrea.com/program/archive/createSRPak_20080330.rar

Basically you just open the application, drag the files into the window, then go to ファイル(F) > 圧縮開始 (R) and choose where you want to save your .pak file.

createSRPak_SS01.png

while this does seem really helpful I tried it out and it seems like we're talking about different file types, the files im using are under .pack while these ones are .pak. 

thanks for the help anyways tho!

3 minutes ago, moopy said:

while this does seem really helpful I tried it out and it seems like we're talking about different file types, the files im using are under .pack while these ones are .pak. 

thanks for the help anyways tho!

Oh shoot, you're right, wasn't reading close enough I guess haha.

Yeah, unfortunately have no idea about .pack files then, sorry.