Nice to meet you all

Shinyun226

Hey everyone, been looking for a good place to talk about VNs and such so thought I'd try this site out.

Anyways, I first got introduced to galge a good 10~15 years ago when I played the first Tokimeki Memorial and ended up liking a it a lot, but didn't really explore the genre further until years later.

Long story short, me really getting into whole the galge/VN genre was primarily the result of being a bit of a seiyuu otaku. Basically I was looking for games that Mizuki Nana starred in > this led me to Memories Off 2nd so I played through the 1st and 2nd MemoOffs > found out one of the endings in 2nd doesn't really make sense if you haven't played infinity/Never 7 so had to play this as well > One thing led to another and now I'm just slowly playing through the whole KID catalog (and eventually the 5PB/MAGES game catalog by extension) in release order.

I also really like games by Kogado Studios (my profile picture is from one of their games, Little Witch Parfait, which I also discovered due to Mizuki Nana being in it) and have been collecting and slowly progressing through their stuff as well.

Aside from that, I've been branching into a lot of different companies' games, with a particular focus on tracking down and playing some of the more famous/historically relevant titles by Leaf, Key etc... (Just played through the original Shizuku last year for example).

I'm sure I'll be a bit of an outlier here since I mainly play older games, almost exclusively buy physical copies and have a strong preference for console versions where possible (No joke, the Dreamcast might be my favorite platform to play galge on) but nonetheless looking forward to talking about VNs with you all as I slowly progress through my never-ending backlog of games.

よろしくお願いします~

(OH! And one other very important detail: If my profile picture doesn't give it away, I REALLY like Yuri. I'm a admittedly a huge himedanshi and buy a pretty ungodly amount of Yuri Manga, LNs & Yurige)

1 hour ago, HataVNI said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel Shinyun! We could actually need a yuri otaku in our writing team, so don't be surprised if this is smth we might approach you with in the future!

Hope you have fun around here ☺

Thanks! And oh cool! No idea what that would all entail but... Yeah I'd potentially be open it, just let me know I guess

We already met beforehand, but it certainly didn't hurt to say welcome here. Anyway I also happen to know about Tokimeki Memorial, although it's only because I briefly browse about it in one of the online article as an influential VN or something like that. Like you I'm also already involved with VN for more than 10 years here, and in this case my encounter to it is through Shuffle if we talk about non-nukige VN.

Speaking of Nana Mizuki, compared to her couple Yukari Tamura (In Nanoha of course) she didn't appear much in VN, although Nana Mizuki did voicing a character in Hourglass of Summer (Make sure you get the Japanese PS2 version because Hirameki decided to release it in DVD player format that has a lot of issues). By the way if you want KOGADO VN, there'll be Tristia remake in which it'll be released on 19th later, and apparently it'll have GL romance (Just like Nurse Love duology and Yumeutsutsu, although I don't know yet on how GL story in Tristia will turned out).

Lastly, I hope that you'll have fun in here.

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

We already met beforehand, but it certainly didn't hurt to say welcome here. Anyway I also happen to know about Tokimeki Memorial, although it's only because I briefly browse about it in one of the online article as an influential VN or something like that. Like you I'm also already involved with VN for more than 10 years here, and in this case my encounter to it is through Shuffle if we talk about non-nukige VN.

Speaking of Nana Mizuki, compared to her couple Yukari Tamura (In Nanoha of course) she didn't appear much in VN, although Nana Mizuki did voicing a character in Hourglass of Summer (Make sure you get the Japanese PS2 version because Hirameki decided to release it in DVD player format that has a lot of issues). By the way if you want KOGADO VN, there'll be Tristia remake in which it'll be released on 19th later, and apparently it'll have GL romance (Just like Nurse Love duology and Yumeutsutsu, although I don't know yet on how GL story in Tristia will turned out).

Lastly, I hope that you'll have fun in here.

Thanks!

I'll have to look into Hourglass of Summer. Thanks for the recommendation.

And yeah, I heard about the new Tristia remake. I plan to buy and play it eventually but... it'll probably be a while lol. I've got a crazy backlog of Kogado games (well of games in general really) and I'm pretty OCD about going through series' in release order so... at a bare minimum I want to play through the original 4 Deep-Blue games before I play this new one. I actually played through the original many years back, but I only got one of the bad endings so plan to come back to it and do a proper playthrough of it someday.