LOVELY×CATION machine translation?

Novel21

Sigh of course decided SVN to machine translation LOVELY×CATION in English, I'm quite disappointed right now. Sine it's one of few VN I wanted to get translated in English and SVN I know to have bad translation, it's not like Soukoku no Arterial or Amayui Castle Meister so have good translation besides being machine translation. 

I hope LOVELY×CATION get official translation in English someday. 

20 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I mean, I get your disappointment, but you can't really expect much from someone who has made 65 "translations" since September. I doubt there's even a semblance of editing in any of these releases, so you're probably better off pretending like they don't even exist. :oyasumi:

I tried the Kakurenbo one, I could just load my save file and look at the script in later scenes

I can confirm, it's a complete mess.

4 hours ago, Satsuki said:

That being said, pure romance/SoL/non-fantasy titles like LxC will probably work well with MTL, due to the much less usage of complicated language.

In my experience mtl acutally does worse with less formal text / dialogue. Meaningwise it can tackle quite complex descriptive lines and only sometimes mess it up (besides being a bad read, but MTL readers caring about quality?), but human japanese dialogue is a minefield of ambiguity and colloquial speech is probably an issue at times as well.

The equation probably changes somewhat if the mtl is edited by someone competent in fanfiction writing.

On 1/5/2023 at 6:33 AM, Seraphim said:

I mean, I get your disappointment, but you can't really expect much from someone who has made 65 "translations" since September. I doubt there's even a semblance of editing in any of these releases, so you're probably better off pretending like they don't even exist. :oyasumi:

Yeah, from what I've tried from them they haven't even edited some of the text in right as it clips through the quotes on occasion lol

I did try Study Steady 2 patch from SVN, and even though I can still get what the lines are about it's easier to just gave up on it. Anyway as for SVN translation, my suggestion is that it'll be better to just move on from it even if you're desperate for the translated VNs, especially if SVN just directly add the lines from DeepL directly without did the extensive editing on those.