Zoku Etsuraku No Tane Broken Text Glitch

Quirrel_35

I am attempting to play the visual novel "Zoku Etsuraku No Tane" by WendyBell but am running into a strange text error, unlike the usual decryption errors, where Japanese text shows up as random alphanumerics the text is showing as Japanese characters, but in an entirely unreadable, random fashion.

This can be temporarily fixed by manually changing the font, but is broken again the next time the text is continued.

This topic has been covered before, and was given a fixhttps://www.mediafire.com/download/fmw6kagag4rst53/etu_langfix.zip putting that file into the game folder fixed the bug. This was 6 years ago and I tried it on the demo version, while troubleshooting all sorts of bugs, and it worked. Assuming it would work on the full game as well I downloaded the full game and used this small file the same way I had before and failed to get the same result. The person in the previous topic mentioned the issue arising from "the engine using the system's language ID as part of the text decryption process" apparently different from the administrative system locale, which I have set to Japan. 

Other fixes I've tried have been running the game in VNR(Visual Novel Reader) which did not fix it, running the program in VNR with locale emulator on which resulted in the game not starting, installing DirectX 9.0c, described on the official website as necessary for the game, which did no fix it, and setting my PC to launch the game in Windows 8, described on the official website as the optimal version of windows (specifically Windows XP/7/8 Japanese Version but it was as close as I could get).

At this point my remaining ideas are simply trying to run the game on even earlier versions of windows, trying to get my hands on the Japanese versions of Windows 7 or 8, or running VNR with locale emulator on Windows 7/8, as locale emulator also claimed to run best on those versions, if there's anyone who knows what I might be doing wrong with the fixes I mentioned, or who knows an entirely different fix for this issue, I would be very much thankful.

@Infernoplex

Thanks for the suggestion but I'd already tried that a while ago, just to be thorough I gave it a shot just now and it still doesn't work.

From what I've read it seems like Wendybell is just a pain to work with, VNR doesn't have data on this one, and it seems like there's no hook code for it either.

Edited by Quirrel_35

7 hours ago, Sisulizer said:

Tick "Fake system UI language", save and launch the with Locale Emulator

You're amazing!! That worked perfectly, the game is running through VNR and has no decryption problems, it's funny how despite my ability to read Japanese, when playing a Japanese game there are so many other barriers than that of the language difference. Hope you have a great 2023.