(Front Site) Shall we provide links / torrents to original games + patches as well?

I've seen plenty of threads on over at /r/visualnovels about people asking for help because the VNs they got from here don't work right.

Have you people been outside of fuwanovel? A lot of the VN community hates fuwanovel and Aaeru with a passion.

I see you've been reading at great places.

The thing is fuwanovel is not really part of "THE -coolest and greatest- vn community" - I don't consider myself part of that community because those people are not even worth talking to, sure there are exceptions but most people hate just because it is what the other people from "THE -coolest and greatest- vn community" are doing and they want to fit or something. I don't even know and can't explain it, people should just enjoy together what VNs can give us (tons of entertainment) and stop bashing translations and games and overall being toxic and dicks.

But that's how it is, that is the true form of "THE -coolest and greatest- vn community" and I will not associate with such people.

And that is exactly why I joined fuwanovel, it is one of the very few small VN communities that doesn't give a shit about "THE -coolest and greatest- vn community" and just does things it's own way, prepatched games, friendly for newbies and all that.

If people have problem with that, they can avoid it easily, we are not forcing the website to anyone, if someone doesn't want to use it, they don't have to, they can start their own website where you cannot do anything, ask any question, link torrent or whatever... oh wait, such website already exists xD

And as you can see, with prepatched and Aaeru we managed to built this great community with mostly friendly atmosphere where you can discuss whatever, download games and instantly play them and be happy. There is no reason to change any of that just because "someone" doesn't agree with it, we are what we are, if people don't agree with it, they can leave and never visit the website again, there is no revenue lost because everything fuwanovel does is free and non-profit, not even ads.

And as you can also observe, the fact that peopel avoid fuwanovel actually helps us keep the friendly atmosphere, toxic people just bash fuwanovel elsewhere where we don't have to read it and we are happy, have clean nice forums and just have fun.

I believe its important to provide links to (1) original patch creator's page, (2) original developer, (3) online shop which sells the game.

Providing links to pirated unpatched game, IMHO, is counter-productive and useless except for cases when its known that prepatched version is bugged and there's no easy solution.

+1 to Steve. fuwanovel aims to be the opposite of the "old VNTL culture" and that's where we should be, that's where we want to be. Here's a relevant quote from Tay:

As new people come into the community – especially from other VN sites which are known to have toxic rhetoric – we will be faced with a constant identity crisis. We will be constantly faced with the decision to be welcoming, friendly and respectful, or the opposite. As we go forward, we will have to make the conscious choice – every day – to be different.

I am deeply grateful for Batman, and the dozens of other members, who face this choice with a determination to do the right thing. Let’s get along. Let’s play visual novels. Let’s have fun together.

Viva la revolución!

Way I see it, if you start linking or hosting original ISO files, we take on the responsibility to keep them seeded, if we don't, people simply change their hatred towards the site being a site full of dead links. I mean people on other sites link to DDL and its apparently their task to keep those links hosted, years later.

Don't get me wrong, I won't stand in the way of progress and if the choice is to link to originals, fair enough. I will go on record and say i have no interest in hosting them though.

People will hate us for one reason or another, adding this simply gives them another avenue, such as.. oh look now they are simply pointing to other peoples hard work and take credit, which you know what, they do anyway.

We can't be loved by all and I dont see their hatred going away, we will be the straw man for many things and we have to accept that. 

The goal has always been to provide a pre-patched version when we can and there will be times when its a case of linking the pieces.

We aren't perfect and we accept that, but I worry hosting original JP content opens us up to more eyes.