Project: Eden's Garden - Who's hyped?

fujoneko

This game just released and it looks-- no, it is amazing! Who has played it already?? I would love to gush about it with others!!! :100:

My thoughts are all on the review above~! Please give it a read... or not! We can just talk about the game! :ehehe:

HfpXwF.png

Edited by Fujoneko
added an image

Well to be frank I'm not quite hyped here, although now that I see it turned out that it's Daganronpa fangame, which coincidentally enough has the same situation as Phoenix Wright (With both have trial based gameplay to boot). I can only say that it should be good for Danganronpa fans who want more of it, especially since the original Danganronpa creator Kodaka apparently had enough of it. Good luck to the developer to develop more of the chapters there, especially after I know that there's a lot of pain in order to deliver the prologue alone here.

Edited by littleshogun

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Well to be frank I'm not quite hyped here, although now that I see it turned out that it's Daganronpa fangame, which coincidentally enough has the same situation as Phoenix Wright (With both have trial based gameplay to boot). I can only say that it should be good for Danganronpa fans who want more of it, especially since the original Danganronpa creator Kodaka apparently had enough of it. Good luck to the developer to develop more of the chapters there, especially after I know that there's a lot of pain in order to deliver the prologue alone here.

What do you mean Kodaka had enough of it? Project RAINCODE is building on the same formula, I think.

I will definitely make a Let's play of it once I'm done with two other fangames. I hope more chapter will be out by then~

I did hear that this game had quite a troubled time behind the scenes. So I'm curious how it will end up in the writing department. There were major disagreements over direction of the characters, the director being hard to work with etc. There was an entire big document full of discord messages about the drama.

I don't remember the resolution of the drama, but I guess it must have worked out. At least one of the writers I follow who posted the document is still in the project.

9 hours ago, Shiawase_Rina said:

I will definitely make a Let's play of it once I'm done with two other fangames. I hope more chapter will be out by then~

I did hear that this game had quite a troubled time behind the scenes. So I'm curious how it will end up in the writing department. There were major disagreements over direction of the characters, the director being hard to work with etc. There was an entire big document full of discord messages about the drama.

I don't remember the resolution of the drama, but I guess it must have worked out. At least one of the writers I follow who posted the document is still in the project.

oh damn... that's unfortunate to hear :(( sadly it is very common to happen :feelsbadman:

21 hours ago, HataVNI said:

What do you mean Kodaka had enough of it? Project RAINCODE is building on the same formula, I think.

From what I see, RAINCODE here has different premise compared to Danganronpa in that we only have one detective accompanied by a shinigami, while Danganronpa here has the premise where 15 Ultimate Students are forced to do the killing game. So yeah it's pretty clear that Kodaka won't develop the game that has the same premise as Danganronpa, in which it's exactly what I want to say. Of course though I only say 'apparently', which mean I'm not 100% certain about it. I based my comment on how V3 particular's twist, in which while one can argue that Kodaka want to put a twist on it, the message that V3 casts convey are more or less pretty clear even if it isn't directed towards us.

PS - While I mentioned that Kodaka won't develop the game that has the same premise as Danganronpa, of course he can prove otherwise in RAINCODE later. By the way the art here should be a giveaway that it's from the same staffs as Danganronpa.

Edited by littleshogun