What are the best places to sell art for visual novels?

Eufasy

Hi, hi!

I'm pretty lost over here...

I've decided to open visual novel art commissions soon. I'll start with sprites and I'll offer backgrounds too later. The thing is... I don't know where do people offer those services. I only know Fiverr and it doen't seem like there's a lot of people there looking for art for visual novels.

Where do visual novel artist post their commissions?

Well, for one you can make a thread in our Recruitment Area which we will then spread over Twitter and other social media, so you got this advantage. There are also job boards on itch.io, lemmasoft forums and several dev spaces (DevTalk, LoveVN, Otome Development Server, BL Development Server). You should build yourself both a twitter presence as well as a carrd/linktree/html site with your commission cards and examples. You can also post on several reddits like r/vns, r/visualnovels.

There are tons of people looking for visual novel art out there, but since indie devving is usually a low-budget profession they will offer you revshare as well as demand you to work for free often. You need to know what your own price is, not undervalue yourself and be persistent. Lots of indie devs are looking for artists when it becomes time for game jams or art contests, so always try to participate in these.

But in the end, if Fuwanovel can attain the success it aims to, then you will be able to find work via our place easily!

Wow, that's a lot of things, thank you so much! (glad to have joined this forum๐Ÿ˜„). I've worked for a couple of game jam projects before, so I'm aware that most people want artist to work for free (since I worked for free myself for a long time). Also, I've read about some price rates over there, but they are very different ones from another, any advice on price rates?

• 2 weeks later...