Mahou Tsukai no Yoru PC patch for PC Master Race

Nemesis

For other people who might be interested in this. AoToHime created a voice patch for the 2012 PC version release. I tested it in my own copy of the game, and confirmed that it works. You just need to add the patch files to the savedata/patches folder inside the main game folder. It also works with old save files.

Before anyone else asks, no, there is no translation patch, so if you want the English version please get the game on Switch or PS4 instead.

I thought that it's already have the translation as well, only to be turned out that it still hasn't. Honestly speaking I don't exactly know on how to port the translation, although looking from the engine (Kirikiri), it should be not much hard because a lot of VN use it. Then again, compiling all of the translated text in Switch version is a pain on it's own. Oh well, I suppose it's still not the time to see translated Mahoyo in PC yet, but at least now we have the voice in which it's a big step on it's own. Lastly, here's hoping that someday we may have Mahoyo on Steam.

PS - Some did comment on what's the point if there's no HD version of Mahoyo in PC, although to me as long as the graphic is not on Ryukishi Umineko or Higurashi level (And non-HD Mahoyo definitely still okay) than I'm fine with it.

Edited by littleshogun

19 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I thought that it's already have the translation as well, only to be turned out that it still hasn't. Honestly speaking I don't exactly know on how to port the translation, although looking from the engine (Kirikiri), it should be not much hard because a lot of VN use it. Then again, compiling all of the translated text in Switch version is a pain on it's own. Oh well, I suppose it's still not the time to see translated Mahoyo in PC yet, but at least now we have the voice in which it's a big step on it's own. Lastly, here's hoping that someday we may have Mahoyo on Steam.

PS - Some did comment on what's the point if there's no HD version of Mahoyo in PC, although to me as long as the graphic is not on Ryukishi Umineko or Higurashi level (And non-HD Mahoyo definitely still okay) than I'm fine with it.

Hey,

In fact, I have done the patch (he just forgot to mention that...), I needed to get the jp version working to release the french patch for voices (currently the tech guy for the french team).

English can be ported to the patch pretty easily, since the english text has been extracted from the Switch ROM and can be matched one to one with the jp text

you can find my project DeepMajo in Github to help you in that task.

regarding the HD Version, no one is currently working on it, but should be doable if the switch's images matches the PC one ! If someone wants to work on that, I can try to help :)

PS : Big thanks to the Vietnamese team which I based my work on, to implement voices over the french translation

Edited by Ultimate

4 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

Hey,

In fact, I have done the patch (he just forgot to mention that...), I needed to get the jp version working to release the french patch for voices (currently the tech guy for the french team).

English can be ported to the patch pretty easily, since the english text has been extracted from the Switch ROM and can be matched one to one with the jp text

you can find my project DeepMajo in Github to help you in that task.

regarding the HD Version, no one is currently working on it, but should be doable if the switch's images matches the PC one ! If someone wants to work on that, I can try to help :)

PS : Big thanks to the Vietnamese team which I based my work on, to implement voices over the french translation

Welcome to Fuwanovel. I see you already got 11 posts here, so you're not entirely new. Still, welcome.
Cool that you did the patch, I unfortunately can't change my tweet anymore, but I add it as a comment :D

So does this mean that the new Mahoyo remaster doesn't have any new content at all that needed to be translated? No extra scenes or scenes written differently? That is surprising, because that means that TYPE-MOON invested way less into it then I thought :D

As Aotohime said however, this is super useful for people with lower spec machines like me.

Hehe, I was here in 2014, but not much activity :D

They didn't add much text into the switch version, some fixes, and some lines modified. The main job they did, are switching engine, voice over. multi language management, HD Textures, which is really good :)

I'll be glad to give some help if needed, if someone wants to port the english text

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...