I'm looking for short VNs

Adze

I asked this on Twitter a while back, but I figured this would fit here as well. To put it simply, I'm a content creator who's currently VERY busy IRL due to returning to school while also working a full-time job. Since I want to still make *some* content during this time, I need visual novels that won't take me 30+ hours to read through.

So basically, if you know any good visual novels that can be read in around 10 hours or less, please drop them here. Bonus points for hidden gems.

Mhakna Gramura to Fairy Bell. The games in the main series, fault - milestone one and two, technically, also fit, but together they are longer.

Chuusotsu! 1st Graduation ~Chuusotsu no Time After Time~

planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~

DEAD END JUNCTION. It's not very good, but has nice ideas, and I personally still liked it in spite of that.

Ame no Marginal

Tsuki no Terasu.

Gogatsu no Sora.

Thanks for the recommendations. I've only read Fault 1/2 out of that list, so there are some definite additions to my backlog there.

(also low-key, VNs that aren't very good are actually great for content IMO. I find it much easier to talk about where something fails than where it succeeds)

Loopers is good and short. It also looks very nice and is fully voiced.

oh and Totono is good stuff, but it's a bit longer than 10 hours... In case you go for it, just make sure you play the all ages version so your channels dont get bonked. It's my fav vn I played this year for sure.

Edited by Guimu

19 hours ago, grayest said:

Ripples by Sakevisual is one that comes to mind. It's also free!

http://www.sakevisual.com/ripples.html

Looks interesting!

1 hour ago, Guimu said:

Loopers is good and short. It also looks very nice and is fully voiced.

oh and Totono is good stuff, but it's a bit longer than 10 hours... In case you go for it, just make sure you play the all ages version so your channels dont get bonked. It's my fav vn I played this year for sure.

I've already read Totono and I really liked it. Loopers also looks interesting, but that $35 price tag for a 5 hour VN is something lmao.

Also, it doesn't matter if a VN is all-ages or 18+. My content is more of a review/critique/video essay kind of deal, so I have the power of editing on my side.

It depends on what you are into, but

Root Letter (mystery)

her tears were my light (wholesome yuri)

Lucy -The Eternity She Wished For- (nakige)

Saya no Uta (horror)

soundless (horror); definitely a hidden gem!

Sound of Drop -fall into poison- (horror); I remember liking this, but it's been so long idk how good it still is :fuhahaha:

Hatoful Kareshi (mystery; romance); hidden gem!! I mean, this one is pretty famous but most people only play it for the lolz and don't get to the good stuff :feelsbadman:

On 12/20/2022 at 4:39 PM, tahu157 said:

Girl of the Bakehouse is ~4 hours of reading. It's the first story in what would eventually become the Girls Frontline franchise. So, it's one of the most influential VNs that no one has ever heard of before.

Neat. I know basically nothing about Girls Frontline, so it'll be cool to be able to start at the beginning.

On 12/24/2022 at 4:22 AM, Fujoneko said:

It depends on what you are into, but

Root Letter (mystery)

her tears were my light (wholesome yuri)

Lucy -The Eternity She Wished For- (nakige)

Saya no Uta (horror)

soundless (horror); definitely a hidden gem!

Sound of Drop -fall into poison- (horror); I remember liking this, but it's been so long idk how good it still is :fuhahaha:

Hatoful Kareshi (mystery; romance); hidden gem!! I mean, this one is pretty famous but most people only play it for the lolz and don't get to the good stuff :feelsbadman:

Thanks for the recommendations! Of this list, I've only read Saya no Uta and absolutely loved it (I also low-key think it resulted in one of my best videos to date).

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing that I'm very late here, you may already find some VN that you want to read. Still, it not hurt to recommend some more short VNs, so let recommend some more short VNs such as Dra Koi, True Remembrance, Quartett, Hanachirasu, and Kikokugai. I don't know if you already played or get recommended those, but in case you still don't get both yet then I hope my recommendations here will be helpful to you.

• 2 months later...