My return.

Arturia

Good morning, evening and afternoon everyone.

I use to be pretty active here on this forum years ago. To be precise, my last active thread was in 2016 haha.

Lately, I have been more heavily involved in Visual novels again and wanted to see how the site is doing.

I wanted to ask a question but was not sure what part of the forum would be the right place to ask, Creative, visual novel or here.

I started a youtube channel recently to do Let's play for visual novels as I want to share my thoughts and reactions in a format that is easy to see. I have loved reaction channels and such from anime reactors as well as other Visual novel channels. So I started with the series "Cafe stella and the reapers butterflies". 

The question I wanted to ask was (without spoilers please), I am currently close to finishing the common route and start my first route but I was thinking about how I would do my second playthrough. Should I reread the whole thing, do the choices in the beginning warrant another full playthrough, do I just skip straight to the choices I missed.

I want to create a series that is easy to watch and not full of constant skipping and shifting.

Anyway, It is great to be back and I hope to see if there are any familiar faces as well as to meet new ones. 

Welcome back to the Fuwanovel Forums! My name is Hata and I'm one of the people currently running the place and driving the revival forward that's been ongoing since September! It's great that someone found back their way to our community and we would be glad if you joined the discord, so we could talk more closely with another! You find it in the Fuwanovel Linklist on the blog page. Other than that, we have some people who are currently or have been playing Cafe Stella, among them @ParanoidGegnarand @lukimana and also @Pallas_Ravenwho reviewed the game on his blog before. You can check these folks out for advice how to proceed. 

I personally would jump to the choices. I usually use a guide after my first playthrough with the exception of ontological mysteries that live off solving them by sheer brain power.

Looking forward to see you post!

Thank you. I will take a look when I can. 

Previously, I use to have the visual novel on my second screen on autoplay during parts that I had already read before but I can't do that now that I am not reading it just for myself. So I was a bit lost on how to move forward. Thank you for the option and ill see how I can incorporate it into the work. 

Welcome back 🙂  remembering see you fair bit in past :sacchya:

and hmm. i would most likely say skip out the parts already shown and show choices etc that matters for the route. incase oyu have some loyal viewers that watch the most repeats maybe not the most entertaining. and might not be the most entertaining for you to react to same things over and over with multiple routes.  you could specificly title the videos for the route you go for. that said im not a youtube professional . many watch because of the person that plays and dont really mind repetetive things. 

I can't speak for that VN in particular, but I feel like it's generally better to skip the common route for repeat playthroughs unless it's the type of story that packs a lot of foreshadowing and Easter eggs to reward repeat reads.

As far as your series goes, it may be worth doing a quick recap of *what* happens in the common route at the start of each route just to refresh your audience's memory. Just a quick summary to make sure everyone's on the same page.

That is a good idea, Thank you. You are right about skipping the common route and you reminded me of a game that perhaps gave me the worries of skipping the common route. Hoshi zora no memoria. With each new playthrough you see "her" more and more. I can't recall if that was during the common route or not since its been so long ago.