Unity Hacking Assistance: DaCapo 3 R ~X Rated~

jair4x

I'm trying to work with DaCapo 3 R ~X Rated~ which works with UnityFS (fuck Unity, all my homies hate Unity) to get the script files and such.

I was able to get all the images, voices and videos, but there's a problem with the script:

The scripts are all in the .bytes format.

Using UABE to extract and dump the assets would lead to getting the .dat files. Which are somewhat erratic, with a lot of ? signs and illegible code, but show a little of dialog at the end of them.

With "little" dialog, I mean 20 lines at most per file.

Thing is, I can't edit them and compress them again into the script file because the TextAsset properties would change and the game would crash.

Talked in the Discord server about it a few hours ago, but neither the person who helped me (Thank you Sirus) or I could get much deeper than getting the .dat files and opening them to edit them.

Any help with this hacking would be highly appreciated.

TL;DR:

Spoiler

Unity for VNs sucks ass, but encrypted files in VNs with no useful purpose whatsoever suck even more ass

Info someone might ask/want:

Spoiler

Translation: EN -> ES

Is MTL: No. I dislike people who use MTL to translate a VN for the public. Much more if it's for clout.

Group: White Novels

Edited by Jair4x
Added some more info and hyperlinks