Raging Loop: Kinetic Gnosia

solidbatman

Raging_Loop.png

I finished Raging Loop last week. I went in expecting another find the werewolf type game and came out of it realizing I never got to play the game. Yet, I never once realized it until the final credits rolled. Yes, Raging Loop is essentially a kinetic novel. While there are choices that branch, the choices always lead to bad endings that unlock keys for the true ending. There are no character endings, only the true. 

That aside, Raging Loop was an enjoyable read, though perhaps not up there with my all time favorites. The story opens with you, a dude named Haruki riding your motorcycle. You broke up with your girlfriend (yo self insert!) and are just aimlessly riding. You come across a weird village after wrecking and meet a wonderful lady named Chemi who loves to joke about killing you. But she gives you beer and seems to really like you so lets just put that little character quirk on the back burner for the next ten hours or so yeah? Things are going nicely though the villagers do not really trust you since you had crashed in a river where they put their dead. Then, the mists show up and everyone freaks the hell out saying the wolves are coming. Some people get killed and thus begins The Feast, a trial in which the villagers must sus out the wolves and hang them. Various people will have guardians that give them specific powers to aid during the feast. For example, the Crow can check the person who was hung to see if they were human or a wolf. Its your typical fare in this genre except you really do not play the feasts. They are all on a set path that you really do not alter except to get different keys by getting yourself killed from time to time. 

unnamed-3.png

Yes, you will nearly always die. Its a loop. Hence the title. Your goal is to find a way to break the loop and to do so, you must see all of the different endings. Quickly, your goal changes from simply surviving to uncovering every mystery the village has to offer. A nifty feature that this game has is a choice tree. At any time you may jump back to previous choices from any branch you are on to use the keys you gain during routes to unlock new branches. It saves you from having to have a bunch of saves and constantly reload as you just pull up the menu and go to the choice. The choice selection will even show you which keys you need so you can quickly find out where to go with the keys you've gathered. Its nice, but again, this novel is kinetic. You will end up on the true ending simply by playing. Do not fret if you perish. It is a loop. You'll be back. 

anyway i'm down bad for rikako and i hope she feels the same way

120454.png

hey girl