MangaGamer announces two new titles at AnimeNYC

HataVNI

The Publisher MangaGamer had a booth and panel at AnimeNYC (a huge convention in New York) and during this time they announced two new titles. The first game is Guilty's "Nightmare x Onmyoji ~Kindan no Paradox~" and Minori's "12 Tsuki no Eve". People expected some darker titles, but it is nice they were able to bring Minori back. Apparently, Bamboo and the Minori CEO still go out for drinks frequently, so their games aren't off the table!

Official Posts:

Nightmare x Onmyoji

12 Tsuki no Eve

Here you also have some attendee's perspectives by @Deluneko.

It's really odd that they went for 12 no Tsuki no Eve. That's pretty much the weakest title they could get from Minori's leftover titles. Would have preferred to see Soreyori no Prologue, Natsuzora no Perseus or even Tsumi no Hikari Rendezvous.

Still, will be interesting to see if it'll be better received than Trinoline.

• 1 month later...

As for Mangagamer choosing Eve of December (It's easier to call by that instead of Eve of the 12th Month lol), I believe that they may want to test the water first before licensing the other minori VNs, although it help that Eve of December here is released before Soreyori. So perhaps we may have another minori VNs like Soreyori in the future, but for now who knows.

Anyway for Eve of December itself, from what I see in the reviews I believe that it's what minori wanted to do with Supipara (With the MC have romance with the other heroines before moving on to the main heroine in single timeline) before finally stopped thanks to a lack of funding. It also help that minori here reduced the number of the heroines from five to three, so at least it should be easier to their funds. Other than that, it also has some twist which may or may not disturbing to you, and I should mention that it's more in regard of morality than the stuffs like in Maggot Bait or euphoria (Just in case someone expect guro scene in minori VNs lol).

Oh yes, I did say that I hope to see more of Nightmare series thanks to the sexy costumes that the female characters wore lol, and well I get what I want. That said, poor Setsuna in that she become the victim after in the prequel she become the MC, although it's kind of necessary in order to give the spotlight to the new MC here, in which it's obviously another female MC (Kuon) who is an onmyoji who tasked to exterminate demons (What else?), and obviously Kuon here will be caught up to be raped later on.

Honestly speaking I have no much to talk on those two other than what I wrote above (And that both announcements are interesting on their own), so that's all for my belated comment on Mangagamer NYC announcements.

Edited by littleshogun