have a problem translating steam vn(solved)

I am translating Tsuyuchiru letter(Letters from a rainy day) in Korean. But I have a problem about repacking.
This game has two versions. DLsite version(support Japanese only) and Steam version(support JP/EN/CH).

And I was trying to translate steam version. but I have an error with "Cannot convert given narrow string to wide string"

I unpacked game as GARbro, translated scripts which is in the scn folder, repacked in patch.xp3 and replace it in the game file, and the error begins when start the game.

However when I replaced same patch.xp3 in DLsite version trial, it worked.

I have unpacked steam version with some decrypt settings but not in the dlsite version,

So I wonder it has some encrypt difference between these two version.

How can I make the translation well in steam version too? the game engine in dlsite version was kirikiriZ.

Edited by Critias0038

Download version.dll and xp3pack from kirkiritool 1.3 release(1.4 is for Wamsoft encryption). Create a patch folder and throw every files in there and drag the folder to xp3pack.exe, and finally move patch.xp3 you just created and version.dll to the game folder. That tool is used to force kirkiri game read unencryption archive

Edited by Sisulizer

3 hours ago, Sisulizer said:

Download version.dll and xp3pack from kirkiritool 1.3 release(1.4 is for Wamsoft encryption). Create a patch folder and throw every files in there and drag the folder to xp3pack.exe, and finally move patch.xp3 you just created and version.dll to the game folder. That tool is used to force kirkiri game read unencryption archive

I have tested several methods personally, That string error occurs when replace repacked data.xp3 or patch.xp3, even just unpack and repack immediately without chainging inside anything, even in japanese locale.

2 hours ago, Critias0038 said:

I have tested several methods personally, That string error occurs when replace repacked data.xp3 or patch.xp3, even just unpack and repack immediately without chainging inside anything, even in japanese locale.

Doesn't seem to have any problem with me(steam)Image

Edited by Sisulizer

• Critias0038 changed the title to have a problem translating steam vn(solved)