Sekai Project about to release Hoshizora no Memoria Eternal Heart Fandisc!

HataVNI

I think it's been over 8 years since the community effort was dropped and TL was abandoned and given to Sekai Project (which is the same thing as dead forever, tbh). But it actually and finally came out; The Hoshimemo Fandisc!

I would like to tell you fine folks more about it, but in some wild turn of events, the HD Translation up for sale (the only version available for purchase) can ONLY be run in FULL SCREEN. There is NO windowed option in SIGHT.

So I can't read it, because I can't read fullscreen VNs. But maybe someone else who still cares about Hoshimemo can tell me if it's a good release. For me, it failed straight in the options screen.

9 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

I think it's been over 8 years since the community effort was dropped and TL was abandoned and given to Sekai Project (which is the same thing as dead forever, tbh). But it actually and finally came out; The Hoshimemo Fandisc!

I would like to tell you fine folks more about it, but in some wild turn of events, the HD Translation up for sale (the only version available for purchase) can ONLY be run in FULL SCREEN. There is NO windowed option in SIGHT.

So I can't read it, because I can't read fullscreen VNs. But maybe someone else who still cares about Hoshimemo can tell me if it's a good release. For me, it failed straight in the options screen.

Welcome back Oldie! Some people in the team are familiar with you so that's cool. Man, are you really urging me to find someone who creates a window mode patch? :P
Does the original game have the same problem? It might be a bug?

1 hour ago, HataVNI said:

Welcome back Oldie! Some people in the team are familiar with you so that's cool. Man, are you really urging me to find someone who creates a window mode patch? :P
Does the original game have the same problem? It might be a bug?

Howdy there

I had to freshly buy Hoshimemo *just* to check (only owned the old version from days long passed) and...

The regular game absolutely has a window mode!

In over 10 years of reading chinese powerpoints have I not seen a VN without a Window mode setting until today.

Edited by TexasDice

I'd feel indifferent in regard of the FD here, seeing that unlike Irotoridori Hikari which in argumentative position between sequel and fandisc Eternal heart here is more or less just a straight fandisc albeit with some nice new stories. That said it's nice to see that we finally see the fandisc for FAVORITE VN after several years of waiting (Either 10 years if you've been waiting since Insem finished translate the main game or 5 years if you just play Sekai version) despite the Window issue (At least now we can give the credit to Frontwing for delaying Sharin release so that nobody would complain that they can't change the resolution), and hopefully Nekonyan can also release Hikari in the future.

Edited by littleshogun

I'm genuinely just flabbergasted. Even the JP original has a windowed mode setting.

How did nobody notice? I know a lot people read VNs in their intended resolution, because some poll gave 42% or something.

EDIT: keyboard shortcuts like alt+enter, F11 or alt+F also don't put the game in windowed mode. Neither does adding a command line to the shortcut execution like "-w", "-window" or "-windowmode"

Edited by TexasDice
additional information

20 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Not sure if the JP original in question here actually does that. The japanese HD rereleases list a 1080p or higher res monitor as "required".  You are comparing with the non-rerelease original game, which is not apples to apples.

dRkb6Wg.png

In a weird turn of events, we are both correct?

The JP version of Eternal Heart HD HAS a window option, but it is locked at 1080p (can't drag-drop it to less than that).

Eternal Heart REFUSES to bend. Even outside-apps like Altsnap or Winsplit Revolution can't win against superior nihongo-resolution coding. I am equally offended and impressed. The window CANNOT be downscaled.

Edited by TexasDice
lmao

• 3 weeks later...

@TexasDice

REJOICE!

Hoshizora no Memoria -Eternal Heart- HD Windowed Mode Update You can now play the game in windowed mode. This build will now be the default on Steam. You can still access the launch build in the "betas" section of the game on Steam. Your previous saves will not be compatible with this update.

Full Patch Notes:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2138000/view/3650760851811577288?l=english

Buy the game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2138000/Hoshizora_no_Memoria_Eternal_Heart_HD/