Novels like Subahibi.

Albatross

so guys what Vns are like like Subahibi?, its simply mindblowing for me, how deep the story is, and how good Subahibi plot is. like this is the first novel im replaying so i can understand everything. even thought at the start everything seemed like nosense, once the pieces of the puzzle started falling into place it was a amazing ride!

i know this probably has been asked a thousand times already, but i gotta ask again....

10 minutes ago, HataVNI said:

The first VN that comes to mind for me is "Kosaka-san." which was fantranslated by @mdz not too long ago. Subahibi also belongs partially to a genre of games called "Denpa" so you could look up everything that fits this label. Check out this essay for an overview what Denpa is.

so check the "Denpa" tag in VNDB...got it!

where can i get that "Kosaka-san"?, its no on steam...

I have lots of suggestions, but majority of them would be untranslated, so I'll just mention the translated ones.

Setoguchi and Scaji generally handle similar themes so you are likely to like Setoguchi's works too. Check out whichever one of his games that are translated.

If you like the seeing things from many perspective part of Subahibi, you can checkout Umineko.

For a title you might not get suggested otherwise, I think One Thousand Lies has a bit of that same feeling of revelation. It's not as hard on the edge, but it's certainly mysterious and even has its own mostly-incomprehensible hedge philosophy!

I would also recommend the denpa VN Soundless. I don't know if there's a single guy that's taken my shill for it that hasn't liked it yet.

On 11/15/2022 at 12:44 PM, Nemesis said:

I have lots of suggestions, but majority of them would be untranslated, so I'll just mention the translated ones.

Setoguchi and Scaji generally handle similar themes so you are likely to like Setoguchi's works too. Check out whichever one of his games that are translated.

If you like the seeing things from many perspective part of Subahibi, you can checkout Umineko.

thanks for the suggestion, I was planning to get Carnival from him already. feel free to suggest untranslated ones. i have some Japanese knowledge, so if it doesn't use some unusual words(looking at you Steins: Gate, those Sci-Fi terms are a pain), i can read it or use a text hooker worst case and translate what i don't get...

As for Umineko, i didn't like it...the witch acts like a teenager, Takuji seems more mature than her!. granted i only played a few hours and dropped it since i couldn't stand her cringe with what she's supposed to be and i expected her to be, but if its really that similar... when played it, i expected something like Higurashi.

On 11/15/2022 at 7:41 PM, Zakamutt said:

For a title you might not get suggested otherwise, I think One Thousand Lies has a bit of that same feeling of revelation. It's not as hard on the edge, but it's certainly mysterious and even has its own mostly-incomprehensible hedge philosophy!

I would also recommend the denpa VN Soundless. I don't know if there's a single guy that's taken my shill for it that hasn't liked it yet.

Thanks, gonna check those 2 too!

Well if you want to bring another SCA-DI example, may as well bring Ikikoi in which the common route of it was written by him. Other than that, if you just want the feeling like solving the puzzle then perhaps you can try something like Ever17 and Root Double. You can also try Sayooshi that has the translation, although if you can read Japan then you better chose that version because the translation is said to be not quite good (You can still try the translation out of curiosity though). I don't know if you already read those VNs beforehand or not, but if not then I hope that my recommendations here will be helpful to you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, Nemesis said:

Cross Channel (don't touch the translations)

I’m gonna have to disagree with this one. If you want a mindblowing multi-dimensional complex multi-layered puzzle then make sure to read the "George Henry Shaft" translation of Cross Channel and then go read his 400 page manifesto on it. I promise you it’s a wilder rabbit hole that will make subahibi look like a puddle in comparison and I'm not just talking about in-game. I don’t cap