Fall 2022 Anime Discussion

Dreamysyu

On 10/31/2022 at 10:11 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

I'm not feeling like making a season thread,

Well, I am. :sip:

Anyway, I've watched the current episodes of Bocchi the Rock, and it was pretty good. I've never really watched any music-based anime, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but so far it's been pretty enjoyable, and the comedy is gold. As someone who also suffers from pretty strong social anxiety, I like how they presented the protagonist. It's overly exaggerated, of course, but I did find myself in many of her antics, and it didn't feel particularly offensive like how often Japanese comedy tends to be. On the other hand, she does grow throughout the show, but obviously she still has a long way to go.

Edited by Dreamysyu

Kage no JItsuryokusha ni Naritakute is my gem for this season.  Great mix of ridiculousness, melodrama, and story.  Beast Tamer is a good harem fantasy.  Shinmai Renkinjutsushi is cute but not so cute-focused that it makes me want to vomit, so it is actually watchable.  Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita I also like, but my thing for catgirls probably has me liking it more than most would.

So far been liking this season

I'll just highlight the ones I have watched so far

Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei is actually somewhat educational on medical customs. Its also surprisingly graphic. Its a cutsy world exploration show. Its probably going to get boring soon though.

Aru Asa Dummy Head Mic ni Natteita Ore-kun no Jinsei is not an anime about ASMR despite what many think. I feel its a CGDCT anime with some parts where it passively takes a dump on creeps

Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman I hope is going to take the NTR route but I doubt thats going to happen since its a TV anime. Its similar to Koi to Uso more than just the similar premise, it even doesn't use its premise that much either. Students can somehow commit some pretty immoral actions using the system and somehow the school bats an eye. Rules for the system are not explained that well either, possibly students are supposed to experiment by themselves I guess. So far its just a bogstandard romcom with a lot of sexual tension.

Human Bug Daigaku is an anime where episodes consist of random and often pretty morbid facts while an overarching story where the MC misunderstands himself for murdering his GF takes place in the background. The facts themselves are actually pretty intriguing and im looking forward to where the series goes.

Mushikaburi-hime is about a knowledgeable princess absorbed in books gets coddled by this prince as they face certain struggles in their daily life. Relationship dynamic between two main leads is basically shy but intelligent waifu with assertive and brave male. Theres really not much that I haven't seen in other shows story and characterwise.  As you probably could tell, i'm not very sold on this anime.

Noumin Kanren no Skill bakka Agetetara Nazeka Tsuyoku Natta is the 13413514th anime about "I am overpowered but I dont want to be, now Im forced to use these powers to save all these waifus".

Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan: Super Extra's ecchi is too unappealing for it to be a selling point of the show. Jokes aren't particularly funny either.

Renai Flops is made by Studio Passione and they somehow blend everything with ecchi and somehow make it work. Character drama and comedy is shockingly engaging.

Spy x Family Part 2 is same mix of over the top action scenes, touching family drama and Japanese comedy we all come to love and expect from the show

Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareta Beast Tamer, Saikyoushu no Nekomimi Shoujo to Deau is about a man who gets revenge on his old guildmate and collects more waifus. Every waifu likes the MC because he is "kind". Classic harem formula. Im really getting tired of it at this point, at least the animation is decently fluid and revenge plot is decently executed and waifus are hot. Otherwise, bland and boring show. I was at least hoping the MC would use his beast taming powers creatively but it appears my expectations were set too high

6 hours ago, tahu157 said:

This is really the only thing I've watched so far. The premise is hilarious but 5 episodes in and I feel like I don't really know any of these characters at all.

Try reading the Ln or the web novel.  So far it is pretty close to the web novel, with the exception of skipping over a lot of the school life shit.  The details that includes will fill in the characters to an extent.  As for Delta and the others, you don't really get to know them until later in the story.  Alpha and Beta are the ones who have the most 'screen time' in the story, with Ipsilon coming to life pretty late in the story.  Delta is really simple (literally simple)... she's basically a wolf to the bone.  If you can beat her up, she's submissive, if you lose to her, she dominates you.  Her main interests are food and killing.

The only anime I'm watching is Akuyaku Reijou nano de Last Boss wo Kattemimashita, or I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss, which I firstly started because it sounded too similar to Hamefura and I wanted to see "how much did they copy" the latter. Turns out they are completely different in tone and story and I was not only surprised but very interested in this new anime.

On 11/12/2022 at 4:10 AM, Silvz said:

"how much did they copy"

Ahem. Reincarnated as a villainess is literally an entire genre in web-novels and light novels, and while Hamefura is one of the earlier ones and did inspire a lot of the other works, it's far from the first one. The first web-version came out in 2014, while there are some similar novels that started in 2013, like It Seems Like I Got Reincarnated Into The World of a Yandere Otome Game, or I Will Live with Humility and Dependability as My Motto.

• 2 weeks later...