Visual Novel Review: Amatsutsumi - The Power of Kotodama Words Compels

NowItsAngeTime

Huge shout out to @TheLocalWeeb7 for doing the editing for this review.

Amatsutsumi is a visual novel released by Sekai Project in English, originally developed by Purple Soft. It's a very interesting mix of romance and plot.  My longest VN review yet.

Amatsutsumi is a weird one... if it weren't for the ladder-style choice progression I would have liked it a lot more, but even with it, it is still a top-quality game.  While it does gyp the heroines other than the 'true' one, it doesn't do so as much as some games *coughs* anything by August *coughs*.  

I'm currently reading this (besides other VN's). Amazing visual quality - it has probably the best animated backgrounds I've seen in a VN yet. Still not far enough in the story to accurately judge it though. That said, I really dislike that the game forces a heroine on you right at the start - full with H-scene. What's the point of choosing your romance partner now, if the game has already made the choice for you? Provided that the title doesn't go harem, that's just a huge blunder.

I'm very interested in playing this one, but I'll wait until I finish some other priority VNs first. Sadly White Album 2 took most of my reading-year [and it's still not over]. One question: do I >need< to play the uncensored version? I saw that there is an all ages version, which I prefer, but only if the +18 content is not plot-relevant.