Nekonyan Announcements on AWA 2022

littleshogun

Announcement 1 - Ore no Cupid ga Ponkotsu Sugite Kowa~i.

59361.jpg

Spoiler

In the midst of an ordinary everyday life. About the time for the yearning for love to sprout.
I somehow was unable to take the first step. Such a day has come to pass.

"What's this thing?"

Before my eyes is a fallen notebook.

"Hey, hey, you there!"
"Why won't you try picking it up?"

A human in presence but not in appearance popped up in front of me.
What a strange girl.

"I am an angel of love! Got any girl residing in your heart?"

How suspicious no matter how you look at it.

I tried ignoring her to her dismay as she thrust the notebook at me.

"Love Note! This is called the Love Note!"
"It possesses the power to fulfill your romantic endeavors guaranteed!"

It seems that when you write down the name of your crush, it can gauge the destiny level between her and the current you and it can even provide you ways to improve that level.

"By the way, I'll even act as your assistant!"

However,

「 If the owner of the Love Note isn't able to find his destined bride-to-be within 90 days, his sex organ is forfeit. Nonreturnable. 」

"Which is why you should do your best, okay?"

Thus, while having the support of the love angel, I brandish the power of this so-called Love Note all in the name of fulfilling love.

Announcement 2 - Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

18071.jpg

Spoiler

Two childhood friends attend Takafuji Gakuen: Yuuki, who wants to fall in love, and Chisato, who hates chocolates. They are part of the food research club along with their friend and classmate Mifuyu. Even though it’s a food research club, they don’t actually do anything except for buying candy with the club budget and enjoying their time together. It is an irreplaceable place to them. However, the club’s existence is in danger with one of the student council president candidates, Satsuki, vowing to close all clubs that don’t do anything. Since their club is in this list, they do their best to save it but there’s no other way but to participate in the student council president elections and defeat her. Yuuki is persuaded by Chisato to run in the election. At first he isn’t interested at all, but since the club members are trying their hardest, he too wants to win to save the club.

Announcement 3 - Baka Moe Heart ni Ai o Komete!

25908.jpg

Spoiler

Renren Academy is a school which promotes romance, with couples-only meals, events made specifically for couples, and a shrine where only couples may enter. It is said that a couple who ties the knot in front of the legendary goddess statue in the shrine on the day of the Christmas party will be happy forever. These phrases of “legendary” and “eternal love” make Shoutarou burn with excitement. He vows to find a girlfriend and confess his love for her in front of the goddess statue.

However, there are the ‘juubakusha’ who stand in his way. They despise the lovey-dovey atmosphere given off by the couples in the school and want to cancel the Christmas party! They also play tricks on couples to try to make them break up and attempt to destroy the statue. Shoutarou won’t put up with their ill actions! Nothing will stop him from becoming the best man there ever was!

Announcement 4 - Uchi wa Mou, Enki Dekinai

49727.jpg

Spoiler

Spring break. Miyamura Miku, a hobby writer of light novels, is approached by her older sister Miyamura Karin, who reveals to her that she's working as a voice actress for erotic games.

"The company I am working for right now needs someone to assist with writing the sex scenes!" Karin asks for Miku's assistance.

"Wait, I'm still a virgin, you know? I have no clue how to write such a thing!"

At the same time the protagonist, Shiiba Masashi, is getting a sudden call from his big sister.

"Jeez, we can't! We're delaying. Can't. Impossible. We delay."

The one who keeps repeating these phrases like a broken record, is the protagonist's older sister, Shiiba Sayaka - CEO as well as scenario writer of the popular upstart eroge brand "Hades Soft".

"If we delay now, then we're done for. The sponsors will be chasing us for the rest of our life in order to reclaim the cash. We have to find a solution or I'll be to the neck in debt! I'll come haunt you if this kills me, okay?!"

And so, Masashi ends up being roped into helping them with their eroge development?!

This game is centering around eccentric heroines like the artist Suzumoto Chisa (pen name: Suzuse Akiko) and the reclusive colorist Sakakibara Ai. Here comes an ADV about creating eroge that's a little on the weirder side.

IF YOU LOVE EROGE, DON'T JOIN AN EROGE COMPANY!

Announcement 5 - Shinsou Noise ~Jushin Tantei no Jikenbo~

37944.jpg

Spoiler

This is the debut game for Azurite. Shizunomiya is a commuter town located on the outskirts of a big city. It has many urban landmarks, while still being full of nature on the sea side. In the middle of this town is Shizunomiya Gakuen, whose students often flock to the city after school to enjoy the wide assortment of entertainment there.

Kazuma entered the school this spring, but he is no ordinary student. He has the ability to envision the thoughts of others, however he is not able to discern the source. Moreover, these thoughts often overlap one another, creating noise that makes it hard to understand them. While he was born with this ability, he still cannot completely control it and often gets involuntarily exposed to strong thoughts. Nevertheless, he still leads a relatively normal school life.

First year students are required to form ‘action groups’ which have to do various events throughout the year. The groups are chosen randomly, and the unsocial Kazuma ended up with seven eccentric members. They didn’t bother to meet up, but just to do enough to fulfill their obligations as an ‘action group’. Shortly thereafter, there was a theft in the girl’s changeroom. This would be the first case for the ‘Reception Detective’ Kazuma.

This is a mystery/suspense ADV, so you’ll have to use your detective skills to solve puzzles and crimes. It employs a ‘voices of the heart’ system where you can tell what a character is actually thinking. You’ll have to collect clues to solve the crimes, which quickly escalate from a simple theft.

I'll try to comment on those announcements later.

Edited by littleshogun

• littleshogun changed the title to Nekonyan Announcement on AWA 2022

First of all I obviously should address the elephant in the room, in which it's Koichoco announcement that was translated by Verdelish and edited by Decay. Obviously the first word that I thought is redundant, so I don't mind if Nekonyan release it in Chinese first lol (Hopefully not). That aside, there are still some other people who keep hoping that someday Nekonyan would localize Koichoco, so good for the people who're hoping for that. I also should mention that Koichoco translation patch is quite pain to install, so of course people also hope that Nekonyan would simplify the step to install the game. Oh yes they'll release the version that allow you to play the route in any order that you want, so no cry on being forced to play Chisato's route first.

For the rest of the announcements, other than Baka Moe Heart (Which I don't know much of it) easy to say that I already keep my eyes on the those seeing that I sort of hoping if Shiravune will localize those later (And turned out that Nekonyan who will do the deed), so I'll look forward to it.

For what I can comment in regard of the VNs, Ore wa Cupid is like Kamiyaba with the premise did remind me of Bokuten (And thankfully without that soap drama twist from what I see), Koichoco has a lot of serious business in regard of student council election so much that it'll involved shady dealing like real life politic (And of course a lot of drama), Baka Moe Heart is sounds like what ASa Project did, Uchi wa Mou is like Ninki Seiyuu only that it deal with eroge making (So it's like Eroge that was released by Mangagamer), and lastly Shinsou Noise is in regard of supernatural detective story.

Edited by littleshogun

• littleshogun changed the title to Nekonyan Announcements on AWA 2022

I agree with both.

For me, I don't really get anything out of ¡5! new novels. I also have already read Koichoco, and the TL was good enough.

As 'Shogun points out, these novels are looking similar to other ones in the market, maybe Nekonyan is running out of ideas. I'm more interested in their other ongoing projects. But these 5, they're like medium term, I think that only one or maybe two were advanced in their localisation.

Anyway, it's to be expected, as the Western releases scape is mostly moege.

I'm a little torn over Koichoco. On one hand, it'd be nice to get another previously untranslated work rather than one with an already decent fan translation, but then there's the fact that Sprite getting some more exposure and income improves the chances of them doing new stuff. I'd very much like to see a new VN from them that isn't related to Aokana, which I definitely enjoyed, but not to the point of wanting even more content for it instead of a new IP. (But hey, I'll take anything I can get.)

7 hours ago, Pallas_Raven said:

These all seem... fine? A lot of Moeges because that is what sells and nothing beyond that genre. I'll probably play some of it out of interest.

I disagree. Irosekai is a highly sought after and a long waited for Nakige. Also, The Fruit of Grisaia series, which is dramatic, was also popular. You also have Island, and Atri My Dear Moments to name a couple more titles with drama and nakige elements. There are many other dramatic titles brought to the west that were also popular. People want more visual novels with plot and drama, this is why many are disappointed with moege only announcements. I have nothing against moege itself, it's just that the market is overly saturated with it and it gets old after reading 50 to 100. People want something different. Now if you like moege that is cool, but these companies need more variety besides just nukige and moege. It looks like Nekonyan is starting to have more recently thankfully with Future Radio and the Artifical pigeons, Aoi Tori, and Irosekai. Let's hope that continues.

Edited by Erogamer

15 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Maybe it's because the character art is by Hamashima Shigeo, known for Euphoria and Maggot Baits, among others?

I mean, I like the character art, but I generally don't add VNs to my list based only on the art. Actually, I recalled that you could look up when each VN was added to your list, and it seems that I added this one in 2017, so maybe it got reviewed by someone I followed back then and I found the review mildly interesting.  :illyathink:

Most interested in KoiChoco and Mysteries of the Heart. I been holding off on reading KoiChoco since I had faith NekoNyan would do it after the success of Aokana. Mysteries of the Heart has been on my radar ever since it released in Japan and surprised NekoNyan actually got the license for it since it seemed everyone accepted titles under DMM would only go to Shiravune, but clearly not the case. And maybe due to that on top of my existing interest, makes it a pretty interesting license to me at least.

18 hours ago, Erogamer said:

I disagree. Irosekai is a highly sought after and a long waited for Nakige. Also, The Fruit of Grisaia series, which is dramatic, was also popular. You also have Island, and Atri My Dear Moments to name a couple more titles with drama and nakige elements. There are many other dramatic titles brought to the west that were also popular. People want more visual novels with plot and drama, this is why many are disappointed with moege only announcements. I have nothing against moege itself, it's just that the market is overly saturated with it and it gets old after reading 50 to 100. People want something different. Now if you like moege that is cool, but these companies need more variety besides just nukige and moege. It looks like Nekonyan is starting to have more recently thankfully with Future Radio and the Artifical pigeons, Aoi Tori, and Irosekai. Let's hope that continues.

Let's hope that is true. More variety is definitely a good thing.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:41 PM, littleshogun said:

Announcement 1 - Ore no Cupid ga Ponkotsu Sugite Kowa~i.

59361.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

In the midst of an ordinary everyday life. About the time for the yearning for love to sprout.
I somehow was unable to take the first step. Such a day has come to pass.

"What's this thing?"

Before my eyes is a fallen notebook.

"Hey, hey, you there!"
"Why won't you try picking it up?"

A human in presence but not in appearance popped up in front of me.
What a strange girl.

"I am an angel of love! Got any girl residing in your heart?"

How suspicious no matter how you look at it.

I tried ignoring her to her dismay as she thrust the notebook at me.

"Love Note! This is called the Love Note!"
"It possesses the power to fulfill your romantic endeavors guaranteed!"

It seems that when you write down the name of your crush, it can gauge the destiny level between her and the current you and it can even provide you ways to improve that level.

"By the way, I'll even act as your assistant!"

However,

「 If the owner of the Love Note isn't able to find his destined bride-to-be within 90 days, his sex organ is forfeit. Nonreturnable. 」

"Which is why you should do your best, okay?"

Thus, while having the support of the love angel, I brandish the power of this so-called Love Note all in the name of fulfilling love.

18071.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Two childhood friends attend Takafuji Gakuen: Yuuki, who wants to fall in love, and Chisato, who hates chocolates. They are part of the food research club along with their friend and classmate Mifuyu. Even though it’s a food research club, they don’t actually do anything except for buying candy with the club budget and enjoying their time together. It is an irreplaceable place to them. However, the club’s existence is in danger with one of the student council president candidates, Satsuki, vowing to close all clubs that don’t do anything. Since their club is in this list, they do their best to save it but there’s no other way but to participate in the student council president elections and defeat her. Yuuki is persuaded by Chisato to run in the election. At first he isn’t interested at all, but since the club members are trying their hardest, he too wants to win to save the club.

25908.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Renren Academy is a school which promotes romance, with couples-only meals, events made specifically for couples, and a shrine where only couples may enter. It is said that a couple who ties the knot in front of the legendary goddess statue in the shrine on the day of the Christmas party will be happy forever. These phrases of “legendary” and “eternal love” make Shoutarou burn with excitement. He vows to find a girlfriend and confess his love for her in front of the goddess statue.

However, there are the ‘juubakusha’ who stand in his way. They despise the lovey-dovey atmosphere given off by the couples in the school and want to cancel the Christmas party! They also play tricks on couples to try to make them break up and attempt to destroy the statue. Shoutarou won’t put up with their ill actions! Nothing will stop him from becoming the best man there ever was!

Announcement 4 - Uchi wa Mou, Enki Dekinai

49727.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Spring break. Miyamura Miku, a hobby writer of light novels, is approached by her older sister Miyamura Karin, who reveals to her that she's working as a voice actress for erotic games.

"The company I am working for right now needs someone to assist with writing the sex scenes!" Karin asks for Miku's assistance.

"Wait, I'm still a virgin, you know? I have no clue how to write such a thing!"

At the same time the protagonist, Shiiba Masashi, is getting a sudden call from his big sister.

"Jeez, we can't! We're delaying. Can't. Impossible. We delay."

The one who keeps repeating these phrases like a broken record, is the protagonist's older sister, Shiiba Sayaka - CEO as well as scenario writer of the popular upstart eroge brand "Hades Soft".

"If we delay now, then we're done for. The sponsors will be chasing us for the rest of our life in order to reclaim the cash. We have to find a solution or I'll be to the neck in debt! I'll come haunt you if this kills me, okay?!"

And so, Masashi ends up being roped into helping them with their eroge development?!

This game is centering around eccentric heroines like the artist Suzumoto Chisa (pen name: Suzuse Akiko) and the reclusive colorist Sakakibara Ai. Here comes an ADV about creating eroge that's a little on the weirder side.

IF YOU LOVE EROGE, DON'T JOIN AN EROGE COMPANY!

Announcement 5 - Shinsou Noise ~Jushin Tantei no Jikenbo~

37944.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

This is the debut game for Azurite. Shizunomiya is a commuter town located on the outskirts of a big city. It has many urban landmarks, while still being full of nature on the sea side. In the middle of this town is Shizunomiya Gakuen, whose students often flock to the city after school to enjoy the wide assortment of entertainment there.

Kazuma entered the school this spring, but he is no ordinary student. He has the ability to envision the thoughts of others, however he is not able to discern the source. Moreover, these thoughts often overlap one another, creating noise that makes it hard to understand them. While he was born with this ability, he still cannot completely control it and often gets involuntarily exposed to strong thoughts. Nevertheless, he still leads a relatively normal school life.

First year students are required to form ‘action groups’ which have to do various events throughout the year. The groups are chosen randomly, and the unsocial Kazuma ended up with seven eccentric members. They didn’t bother to meet up, but just to do enough to fulfill their obligations as an ‘action group’. Shortly thereafter, there was a theft in the girl’s changeroom. This would be the first case for the ‘Reception Detective’ Kazuma.

This is a mystery/suspense ADV, so you’ll have to use your detective skills to solve puzzles and crimes. It employs a ‘voices of the heart’ system where you can tell what a character is actually thinking. You’ll have to collect clues to solve the crimes, which quickly escalate from a simple theft.

The only title I’m not hyped about is KoiChoco, it’s censored.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:41 PM, littleshogun said:

18071.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

25908.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

.Announcement 5 - Shinsou Noise ~Jushin Tantei no Jikenbo~

37944.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

2- Given how this one had several early attempts to fantranslate it, it isn't much of a surprise.  However, in terms of quality, it isn't a 'classic' I would have bothered with.  It is just famous because it got an anime, in any case.

3- One of a very small number of 'nearly pure comedy' VNs out there.  This one is a pretty good choice.  

5- Mmm... to be honest, I don't get why they decided to translate this one.  It is not only niche but has extremely mixed reviews (from me, in particular).  There are some fairly disgusting aspects to the story, and it is more than a little depressing.  Moreover, there is a really awkward mystery system included in there that makes it annoying to play at times.  For a small number of people, though, it seems to have hit the spot perfectly...

• 1 month later...

Koichoco here is technically still has relatively high production value despite being 12 years old VN, so technically speaking this is the most interesting license in AWA, had it not been available in English from back in 2015. So even with on how sprite was supposed to be revived thanks to Nekonyan localize Aokana and thus it's reasonable to have Nekonyan license another sprite VN, I can see if people are sort of disappointed the license, and to be very frank that it still has mosaic is the least thing I care about.

Baka Moe Heart, err... well I suppose my comment is still the same on how it seems to be quite a bakage. While our mod Clephas praised it (Admittedly for on how well the VN did what it's intended into), unfortunately Erogamescape users seems to favored less comedy VN. While I understand that some of the license from WillPlus can be quite costly, there's a lot of better title to chose from there (Beside Pulltop's title obviously). In the end, I can only say that I guess at least the graphic is quite good along with on how the artist took the effort to make the uniform for each heroine different. Of course though, my opinion on this may be change later just like Wagahigh (I initially thought that it's just high breast nukige and turned out it's a nice charage), so let's wait and see here.

From the reviews that I read about Shinsou Noise, it has some infamy in regard of the ending or something, so perhaps just turned down the expectation may be help. I specifically mention this because I see a number of people complained about Hello Lady twist, and of course they didn't read the spoiler (Duh). The artist of this is also the one who drew euphoria, so at least you can play it for her art if you like it and yet didn't want to play euphoria (Or several other nukige that she design). That said, while there won't be some disturbing sex scene, it should be noted that Shinsou Noise here could be the most dark VN that Nekonyan licensed. Oh yes it also have VA's commentary and the translator already confirm that he'll translate it, which is good seeing that the translator rarely translate that feature. Lastly, even though I can see on how people will have problem with the ending, I still look forward to Shinsou Noise release here.

That's all for my belated additional comment on Nekonyan AWA 2022 here.

Edited by littleshogun