Jump to content

Dies irae - mercurius role in the story


Malik
 Share

Recommended Posts

Spoiler

Mercurius is the fourth god of the Shinzabansho Universe.  Within the Shinzabansho Universe, when an individual claims the Throne, their ideal becomes the defining law of existence.  In the case of Mercurius it was 'Eigou Kaiki', which essentially means 'eternal repetition'.  Because of this law, he could restart the universe at any point he desired and alter the conditions going forward through his avatars.  However, he eventually became obsessed with making Marie his successor, resulting in the events of Dies Irae, where his suicide factor Reinhardt Heydrich fought against his partial clone and representative, Ren to cause a rupture in existence that would bring Marie to the Throne and give her a chance to destroy him and take over.

Suicide factors are something that come to exist when an immortal being (true immortal, not false immortals like the Black Round Table) reaches the point where their soul begins to desire their own annihilation.  Ren was one of these, with Shirou being his suicide factor.  The immortal in question always has a natural affinity that often results in friendship or love between them and their suicide factor, but the relationship between the two is inevitable as destructive as it is friendly, if not more so.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

Mercurius is the 4th God of the Shinza throne. This means that his law permeate every corner of the multiverse and he can recreate the multiverse according to his own will. His law is 永劫回帰 - eternal recurrence, This law means that he can restart things at any time. Due to his law he has restarted the multiverse lots of times and hence can predict everything that will happen. This is part of the dejavu that everyone feels under his law. His main goal is to create a new god to take his place as he has gotten bored of seeing the same things over and over and wants to see something new. This is why he masterminded everything to try and make Marie as the new God of the Shinza throne.

Looks like Clephas posted before me. I'm not sure what else to discuss other than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Clephas said:
  Hide contents

Mercurius is the fourth god of the Shinzabansho Universe.  Within the Shinzabansho Universe, when an individual claims the Throne, their ideal becomes the defining law of existence.  In the case of Mercurius it was 'Eigou Kaiki', which essentially means 'eternal repetition'.  Because of this law, he could restart the universe at any point he desired and alter the conditions going forward through his avatars.  However, he eventually became obsessed with making Marie his successor, resulting in the events of Dies Irae, where his suicide factor Reinhardt Heydrich fought against his partial clone and representative, Ren to cause a rupture in existence that would bring Marie to the Throne and give her a chance to destroy him and take over.

Suicide factors are something that come to exist when an immortal being (true immortal, not false immortals like the Black Round Table) reaches the point where their soul begins to desire their own annihilation.  Ren was one of these, with Shirou being his suicide factor.  The immortal in question always has a natural affinity that often results in friendship or love between them and their suicide factor, but the relationship between the two is inevitable as destructive as it is friendly, if not more so.

 

Thanks first for answering with this impressive comment. 

So we now have Reinhard as mercurius's "desire to die" is Marie also similar to him? Was she born just for him to fall in love for her and wanting destruction from her? And why do they look alike so much (Marie/Reinhard) 

 

Also there's something quiet interesting too in ren/machina so basically they have some of mercurius's soul like (wanting to die, all of it to end) and for ren cherishing the ephemeral so did mercurius pick them just because they were soldiers and they were interesting because they reminded him of certain part of himself or any other reason

Spoiler

Another point I want to add is the fact that mercurius is like an author on godlike scale (grand Guignol) so all of that is him manipulating everyone so he reach his ideal death by Marie so while mercurius is like an author and ren is like the protagonis of his work and Reinhard the antagonist and Marie heroine, doesn't this details add a lot to mercurius character since if they were his creation or their being is basically connected to the mercury to the point of without him they don't exist can't we say that almost every characteristics of theirs is an extension of mercurius own character? (Sorry if I'm not being understandable but i wanted to talk about this) 

So maybe in the end Masada wanted to show us that only the cast of a work gets praised for being the cast and the author is always getting left in the dark as a shade of himself even though all of this came from him.

 

One last question does mercurius also planned the battle of three colours? And what was the significance of the ball scene with the rea ending 1? 

 

Edited by HataVNI
Added a spoiler tag for major plot developments
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Thanks first for answering with this impressive comment. 

So we now have Reinhard as mercurius's "desire to die" is Marie also similar to him? Was she born just for him to fall in love for her and wanting destruction from her? And why do they look alike so much (Marie/Reinhard) 

 

Also there's something quiet interesting too in ren/machina so basically they have some of mercurius's soul like (wanting to die, all of it to end) and for ren cherishing the ephemeral so did mercurius pick them just because they were soldiers and they were interesting because they reminded him of certain part of himself or any other reason

So maybe in the end Masada wanted to show us that only the cast of a work gets praised for being the cast and the author is always getting left in the dark as a shade of himself even though all of this came from him.

 

One last question does mercurius also planned the battle of three colours? And what was the significance of the ball scene with the rea ending 1? 

 

No, Marie is a god born in a place outside of Mercurius' law. Marie and Reinhard don't look alike at all and are unrelated outside of hair-color.

 

I wouldn't think too hard about what Masada wanted to show us. Rather than trying to convey a message, I find Dies Irae is more of a wish-fulfillment/pure entertainment dedicated to Chuunis.

 

I don't remember which scene is the battle of three colors?

 

Spoiler

Rea ending is essentially Rea completely wrecking Mercurius' script by creating a 3-way battle between Mercurius, Reinhard, and Ren. The ball served as a way to give grandfather-grand-daughter time between Renihard and Rea.

 

Edited by Nemesis
Grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You may be right about me trying to overanalyze it when its not intended too from the beginning but I just can't help notice how mercurius starts the game with his monologue and the constant 4th wall breaking of ren stating he is the protagonist and how mercurius talk about the opera I just wanted to piece it you know

 

How's  Marie being born outside of mercurius law possible?

 

The battle of three colours is the fight between ren/Reinhard/mercurius

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

 

I don't think that part has been explained lore-wise yet. It's just been said that the Twlight Beach is outside of time and space. But for example, Mercurius also came from outside of Satanael's law and replaced him as the new God. I think Pantheon was supposed to explore things outside the reach of the throne owner.

 

As for the battle of the three, it was all manipulated by Rea, which is what makes Rea route so great. Having Mercurius plans which he crafted for billions of years repeated many times over being destroyed by a powerless girl.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Nemesis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

I don't think that part has been explained lore-wise yet. It's just been said that the Twlight Beach is outside of time and space. But for example, Mercurius also came from outside of Satanael's law and replaced him as the new God. I think Pantheon was supposed to explore things outside the reach of the throne owner.

 

As for the battle of the three, it was all manipulated by Rea, which is what makes Rea route so great. Having Mercurius plans which he crafted for billions of years repeated many times over being destroyed by a powerless girl.

 

 

Let me get one thing straight mercurius been on the throne the longest but how does his craving works like I know it is eternal recurrence and it's the cause of foreknowledge and the cause of why he wants to die and all (really cool that dies irae started because a godlike figure was feeling suicial) and we know that in his reign of throne it's basically a multiverse with all the choices creating a universe if I'm right, I didn't get this right at the end he stated that after his battle with Reinhard and near his destruction he always go back (to being born as an outsider of the world of the previous hadou god as a bug) so it means there were multiple fights with Reinhard and mercurius ? Or multiple operas 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Let me get one thing straight mercurius been on the throne the longest but how does his craving works like I know it is eternal recurrence and it's the cause of foreknowledge and the cause of why he wants to die and all (really cool that dies irae started because a godlike figure was feeling suicial) and we know that in his reign of throne it's basically a multiverse with all the choices creating a universe if I'm right, I didn't get this right at the end he stated that after his battle with Reinhard and near his destruction he always go back (to being born as an outsider of the world of the previous hadou god as a bug) so it means there were multiple fights with Reinhard and mercurius ? Or multiple operas 

Spoiler

Mercurius was a freak of nature that appeared in the third universe and just overwhelmed Neros Satanail with logic as much as actual power (as it was put at one point, Neros was too passive by nature and excessively logical, so their fight was something of a debate more than anything else).  Marie first appeared in Mercurius's universe when he was beginning to run out of things to do, a perfect gudou (seeker of internal truths) born without a need for external factors to shape or effect her.  He immediately fell in love with her nature and saw the potential for a better world that would come into existence if she could be truly awakened to the outside world.  Reinhardt was, in his mind, a convenient tool to arrange this, as Marie was too passive to overcome him on her own (she would never desire to of her own will).  

Mercurius doesn't so much have foreknowledge as experience of infinite numbers of past cycles.  Current canon holds that Reinhardt didn't come into existence in the timelines until after Marie came into existence, as it was Marie's incarnation that caused Mercurius to desire his own annihilation.

Currently, two canons exist for the Shinzabansho universe (mostly because Masada kept changing his story).  One has a partial version of KKK happening between Marie's and Rea's paths, where Mercurius (who was not vanquished in Marie's path) resetting things after she was killed by Hajun, resulting in him altering the course of the events of Rea's path to weaken Ren's feelings toward her and redirect them to Rea.  The second one is where KKK is completely canon and Rea's path never happened.  This one is HUGELY unpopular with the fanbase (for obvious reasons).

The one thing you need to get out of this is that all four paths occur in order in the first canon.  Kasumi's path> Kei's path> Marie's path > Hajun's rebellion >Rea's path.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And when we are talking about Marie, when she was brought by Reinhard to gladsheim after she got destroyed then he gave her back, what did he exactly do to her so she can have those new multiple feelings?

 

And why Reinhard's craving is to destroy all when in his human life he accepted his fate and stopped searching for emotions? Did mercurius meeting awoke his apoptosis power or something?

 

When someone take the throne their craving becomes the rule of the world and they themselves become the world, so mercurius saw Marie through a shade of his true self (the one on throne) to travel through the world and watch it or something cause he was bored, and when he met Marie he decided to orchestrate an opera(I still don't know if all the routes are like one universe from a lot of multiverses of merc's world) with a goal of him reaching an end where he dies in Marie's embrace and this opera of his is like a fiction inside fiction (sorry if you find this overanalyzing but I really like this meta stuff going on) and he chose a protagonist and it was lotus and a cast of characters that will oppose him (tell me if what I said is true please). So I wonder if him giving part of himself to ren is him wanting to have a romantic life with Marie something like if he can't do it his substitute will?

 

One last thing and sorry for the many questions I really wanna understand this all the way, I saw a lot of posts where people saying that dies irae is self aware and it embraces its own cliché and all but i didn't really get it and thanks for answering

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...