Marvelous Japan announces the release date of LOOP8: Summer of Gods, Steam version published by XSEED

HataVNI

Marvelous Japan has announced that Loop8: Summer of Gods will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in Japan on March 16, 2023. They also announced that the Steam version will launch on March 21, 2023. This one will be published by XSEED Games. Loop8 was first announced during the Japanese Nintendo Direct on the 9th of February 2022 - damn, that long ago already, wow!

While Marvelous Japan has announced the release date for the Steam version already, the western published Marvelous/XSEED have not confirmed this as of yet.

Loop8-The-Centennial-Case-Japan-Games-on

More Information about the game: https://www.dualshockers.com/loop8-the-centennial-case-revealed-on-nintendo-direct-japan/

I read some interesting stuff about the spiritual predecessor of this game so I'm definitely getting this!

I wish I still found the twitter thread about the predecessor! It talked a lot about how batshit the AI in the game was and how it developed outside the players control.

I have big soft spot for AI in games that does as it likes so I can't wait to see how they used AI in this game.

39 minutes ago, alpacaman said:

https://kimimithegameeatingshemonster.com/2022/03/14/students-statistics-and-bloodthirsty-beasts/

I found this post about it. If Loop8 comes anywhere close to how amazing that one sounds it's a must-play for me.

Thanks to you I found the thread I meant!

Even if it ends up clunky it still sounds like a must play just for the experience!

• 2 months later...

Well seeing that Gunparade March didn't get English version, we may never see this released in English. Then again, I may be too hasty saying this, so perhaps we may see Marvelous localize this (May be without the English dub if they just want to work on the text translation). As for the game itself, the trailer has some nice graphic, although I still don't know if I'll try it when the hypothetical English version available later.

Edited by littleshogun

On 1/3/2023 at 3:52 AM, novurdim said:

It's already confirmed to release in English.

I thought that XSEED here just published Japanese version, only to realize that they're English localization company, so my bad on the mistake here (I must have been out of my mind when I wrote that). Anyway now that I'm certain that it'll be available in English, my response is still the same in that I don't know if I'll try this if the game available in English later.

Edited by littleshogun