The first real AI visual novel is coming!

thelastsecret

Everybody is talking about AI art, so I that inspired me to try out something new: a full fledged VN based on AI graphics! It will be called "Sweet Science – the Girls from Silversee Castle".

The tests were so promising that I announced it today officially. If you want to follow its development, please subscribe here: tinyurl.com/TheLastSecret

You can see the first character designs here in the announcement:

Xc6S02.png

It's going to be an exciting experiment about the possibilities and limitations of AI art in VNs. I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Theo

Edited by thelastsecret

I try to do it like that: I produce a few poses for the sprites (maybe 4 per character) as starting point and then add face expressions manually to get more diversity (maybe 10 in total). The CGs are anyway more free-style, they should be easier. For side characters it will be fewer expressions. After my initial experiments with two of the girls that seems very feasible.

For the final game I will also need sometimes a different set of clothes, but that just means starting over once more. (More work, more time, but the same idea.)

Fascinating. I am very curious as to how the advent of AI tools in general will assist in the production of indie visual novels. Lots of people out there with great ideas, but not enough funds to commission art at the rate that is expected by the average VN fan.

Also curious to see how the public's reaction will be once these tools start being used more frequently. Best of luck!

On 10/22/2022 at 9:54 AM, ThePenSword said:

Fascinating. I am very curious as to how the advent of AI tools in general will assist in the production of indie visual novels. Lots of people out there with great ideas, but not enough funds to commission art at the rate that is expected by the average VN fan.

Also curious to see how the public's reaction will be once these tools start being used more frequently. Best of luck!

Thank you very much! I learn a lot about the possibilities and limitations right now while working on this project, and it's really fascinating. I will start writing about this on my mailing list soon!

On 10/23/2022 at 10:44 AM, littleshogun said:

I thought that it's the VN about AI like Re:Lief, only to find out that it's been drawn by AI. Well no much to say here other than good luck with the VN there.

😄 It's probably like: Artificial intelligence = AI = Love in Chinese/Japanese = Many anime names

Thanks for the good wishes!