WTC Writer Ryuukishi07 will be the scenario writer for the new Silent Hill game

HataVNI

6 hours ago, GXOALMD said:

Any recommendations for VNs written by them?  The only one I've tried so far is Higurashi which left me with a bad impression.  I would like to be hyped for the new Silent Hill rather than feel disinterested due to the writer.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Loopers, Iwaihime, Rose Gun Days :)

• HataVNI changed the title to WTC Writer Ryuukishi07 will be the scenario writer for the new Silent Hill game

This looks interesting... I can't help but feel that this just has the Silent Hill name slapped on it to sell it since it looks like it has nothing to do with those games' plot or style. However, I'm still sort of looking forward to it. Having Ryuukishi07 as the scenario writer is a good start. I only hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Prey.

20 hours ago, HataVNI said:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Loopers, Iwaihime, Rose Gun Days :)

Fixed it. Iwaihime is a confused mess. 

Anyway, Ryuukishi is an interesting choice for an interactive social game since his best/most famous works are almost exclusively kinetic novels.

With the writer was revealed as Ryukishi, the trailer here did sneakily made reference to his past work (Higanbana, in that it's the flower in the movie). As for what I can say, well I'm not going to play this but at least I know that Ryukishi here would be meddled by the director like back on both of Iwaihime and Loopers (Doubly so because it's Konami), so perhaps keeping the expectation a bit lower might be help. At the very least, Ryuukishi here didn't write another Higurashi title that supposed to be the continuation of Miotsukushi, seeing that having Gou and Sotsu as Matsuribayashi's so-called sequels are controversial enough (And not to mention it did forcefully link Higurashi with Umineko).

Edited by littleshogun

As for Ciconia Phase 2 delay, the official reason is that its because Ryukishi did write about pandemic in Ciconia, which to say is not exactly the good times to bring it up in the middle of real life pandemic, although from what I'd hear somewhere it might be because the lack of money (Otherwise there's no explanation on why he wrote that controversial Gou and Sotsu duology anime on top writing new Silent Hill here).