Post-White Album 2 salvation

mokuroh

So I read White Album 2 (all of it). There were so many instances where the characters would just not say anything during a crucial moment and it was just so drawn out and frustrating and haruki manages to get on my nerves every time and the repeating problems were just so annoying and right when they get back together haruki manages to fuck it up again and it feels like everything is back to square one but its not just him the other characters are just as bad if not worse to the point I am actually in disbelief that this sequence of events is happening and it feels like the writer has a sadist fetish for torturing and playing with the readers emotions… 

And honestly I might have the same sickness because I loved every part of it. Is this called “drama”? I hate you but I love you it’s like high school all over again and whatever it is I want more of it. In particular I really “liked” the setsuna, kazusa, mari, koharu (ok literally everything but chiaki. chiaki just didnt hit as hard for me) routes. I guess the simplest way to put what I “enjoyed” about this vn was sharing in whatever “struggle” haruki went through and then after a long (painful) road my boy always pulls through in the best way possible in the end. Can’t remember who but on vndb someone said it’s like "chuuni but for emotions". 

Any language is fine please someone just save (end) me 

2 hours ago, mokuroh said:

So I read White Album 2 (all of it). There were so many instances where the characters would just not say anything during a crucial moment and it was just so drawn out and frustrating and haruki manages to get on my nerves every time and the repeating problems were just so annoying and right when they get back together haruki manages to fuck it up again and it feels like everything is back to square one but its not just him the other characters are just as bad if not worse to the point I am actually in disbelief that this sequence of events is happening and it feels like the writer has a sadist fetish for torturing and playing with the readers emotions… 

Agreed, except those were all the reasons why I hated it.

You might like Symphonic Rain, but it's kind of clear our tastes are different. Symphonic Rain definitely has emotional twists involving the relationships between the characters though. Which sounds like what you're looking for. But the characters aren't nearly as stupid about why they do the things they do

If you like some more work from same writer as WA2, then perhaps you can try Damekoi or Parfait with the former can be said as some sort of WA2 prototype. For more recommendation, well if you want more love triangle drama like WA2 then you can try something like Oretsuba, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and December When There Is No Angel (From the same company as WA2 albeit with different writer). Regardless of what you want or whether you already play those VNs or not, I hope that my recommendations here can be helpful to you.

Edited by littleshogun