Frontwing made an update on their Kickstarters and open projects.

HataVNI

Eight months after their last update, Frontwing finally updates the fans on the current state of their projects. Other than Sharin no Kuni, there are a lot of open questions.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frontwing/support-visual-novel-islands-english-game-and-anim/posts/3633384

What do you think? Have you ever bought or supported Frontwings kickstarter projects? Bad or good experiences with it😊?

It's more or less open secret that Frontwing just use KS as the way for the pre-order, so no need to wait for physical release. Then again if not for the people who still back their KS hoping for physical release, I suppose we may not be able to have new Frontwing releases in the first place. All in all, I'm pretty much indifferent seeing that I never back any of it, although it's quite bad if anyone else who back it in order to support them and have the hope to get the stuff that they're wishes (At least Frontwing is still active to a degree, unlike Sol Press).

PS - By the way it's almost a year in regard of their promise for Sharin update, and as expected there's still nothing in regard of it until now (Well at least they're sort of ready to show the progress that almost nobody would care of soon, so that's something).

While I have not personality backed anything, I know somebody who backed their Wonderful Everyday Kickstarter because they loved the game so much and wanted the physical goods on offer. Any time I bring it up you can see the light go out in their eyes and a bitterness spread across their face. They have resigned themselves to have to wait for years now. It is a sobering reminder about the risks of backing a Kickstater.

Ah yes Hatsumira, in that it's one of lengthy isekai VN in that it's not just for the sake of fetish (Like the stuffs that Miel produce) or shown that the MC is basically overpowered with cheat skills (Which curiously still rare outside the older VNs such as Aselia or Duel Savior, in which even then it's just barely similar). Too bad that it seems to be quite underrated, but at least Frontwing here willing to release their VNs even with their problematic Kickstarter.

Edited by littleshogun

I remember when the SubaHibi kickstarter began. It still not being out after half a decade is... owch. Have to wonder what is going internally with them for not only not being able to deliver the product but also leave backers in radio silence for months or even a year.

SubaHibi is out.  The one that's not out is Sharin no Kuni.  Full engine replacement, last word was 'hopefully no more than 6 months'... last December.  Oof.  And yes, I'm a backer, and I'm not particularly happy about the delays, either.

I'm sure it's just as thankless for Frontwing.  They've almost certainly lost money overall.  Never mind Kickstarter's cut and taxes, they've had to spend huge amounts of time (i.e. money) on an interminable slog that has to be way over budget.  And the best they can possibly hope to accomplish is leaving a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

Edited by Nandemonai

• 2 months later...

Since someone mention the possibility that Frontwing lost the money, perhaps it's indeed what they're experienced with Sharin KS here, especially when it's already a year since Frontwing mentioned that they hope for Sharin's update in 'hopefully no more than 6 months'. They also about to release Grisaia Chronos Rebellion VN on January 9th later (The source), which as we know is the offline version of their failed gacha game, and I can only say that I agree with someone who say that Grisaia should ended in Rakuen with the rest of the franchise is Frontwing's attempt to milk more of it, so it's pretty obvious that Frontwing need more money.

Edited by littleshogun

On 10/13/2022 at 12:35 PM, littleshogun said:

Ah yes Hatsumira, in that it's one of lengthy isekai VN in that it's not just for the sake of fetish (Like the stuffs that Miel produce) or shown that the MC is basically overpowered with cheat skills (Which curiously still rare outside the older VNs such as Aselia or Duel Savior, in which even then it's just barely similar). Too bad that it seems to be quite underrated, but at least Frontwing here willing to release their VNs even with their problematic Kickstarter.

You mean Aselia has a overpowered cheated mc? Not sure to understand that sentence

On 12/31/2022 at 11:22 AM, Kirashi said:

You mean Aselia has a overpowered cheated mc? Not sure to understand that sentence

From what I see, Yuuto here is basically as the strongest person in Aselia, although that setting is not quite unique because the people of the world did summon the otherworlder to get the strong people, and all of the summoned people have equally strong although of course not to the level of cheat like the recent isekai MC (So no, Yuuto here didn't start with 999% ATK/DEF/RES, 9999 life, and 99 uses for all of his skill if we based it on Aselia's gameplay). For Duel Savior, well arguably it count as a cheat because Taiga manage to acquired apostle weapon while in the setting only female that can acquire that weapon, although again it didn't make Taiga as a overpowered cheat MC.

tldr - Even though I did mention overpowered with cheat skills and bring Aselia, I didn't meant to say that Yuuto is overpowered cheated MC, because I did say that 'it's just barely similar', in which I only meant that as Yuuto is stronger than the people from the other world, and the similarities is just because Yuuto got the power in the other world (His Sword).