[Free] [Horror] My GF Doesn't Know What I'm Into - V2.0!

meiri

pawF6Pi.png

🤍"My new girlfriend is so cute and sweet. I can't believe such a nice girl likes me so much. But... would she still want to
be with me if she knew what I'm into?
A heart-pounding visual novel telling the story of you and your new girlfriend.🤍

Version 2.0 of my cute horror visual novel, 'My GF Doesn't Know What I'm Into', is out on itch.io for free!
You can play it here!

Features:
- 7 unique endings
- Playtime around 1-2 hours
- Choose your name, your pronouns, the name of your friend, and the name of your girlfriend
- 8k+ words
- Brazillian Portuguese and Turkish translation available

Screenshots:

Spoiler

HLRrEtN.png

hViIOGh.png

MwRla7c.jpeg

Thanks for checking out this thread! Let me know what you think of the game.

Y.pngH2rY8K.png50LQP.png

Edited by meiri
forgot to insert one of the screenshots >.<

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 11:54 AM, meiri said:

Nice! Let me know what you think. :D

I just finished it! Sorry it took so long, but I wanted to be through and organize my thoughts before coming back here.

Your game does a lot of really cool things aesthetically. The little ways the main menu changes during each loop are a really nice touch, but the art style of the characters mixed with the filter choice for the background was probably my favorite thing visually about the VN. It felt very cozy and like all the assets were very agreeable with each other, if that makes any sense. Honestly, other than some of the sprites shifting depending on the expression and some minor graphical glitches where certain things fade out too early, I don't really have much to dislike in terms of the visuals. The style here is very distinct and memorable; I feel like it's probably only going to get better with each game you make.

In terms of the novel part of the visual novel, I think the core concept is really interesting. The reveal of the main character's true nature as we move towards the first ending is a very effective hook. Which leads to my main thought with this game-- I feel like the hook of a couple that is a "match made in Hell" is compelling enough where you don't really NEED multiple endings/playtroughs to keep players reading. Simply exploring the character dynamics of these two enabling each other and how the others react around them is more than enough spice for a short VN, if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, the resets work (and it's a narrative tool I'm a pretty big fan of), but the potential of that first go around is so strong that there's a big part of me that's curious as to how that would work if it was the whole game. Having such a morbid narrative core for such a cute looking game is a lovely juxitposition, but I feel like rather than building upon that initial interest, the resets act more like speed bumps. That being said, the way the love letter changes each time is awesome (also another narrative tool I'm a big fan of). I just know that with my own games, I sometimes get so married to a certain mechanic or plot point that it sometimes takes away from other, stronger aspects of the narrative that I could expand upon. I don't know if that's how it was for the multiple ending system here, but I thought it was something I'd mention.  This is just one guys opinion though, so please take it with a grain of salt.

Also, those hard cuts between scenes were a nice touch. All and all, a very cozy and morbid experience that I don't regret in the slightest. Thank you for your hard work!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 10:23 PM, ThePenSword said:

I just finished it! Sorry it took so long, but I wanted to be through and organize my thoughts before coming back here.

Oh gosh, sorry for taking so long to respond to this ;__; Thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

It's funny you mention how it could've been a VN just about these two being their chaotic selves, as that WAS the initial idea but it kept evolvinginto what you see today haha. I can see what you mean about being too invested in a mechanic and the game suffering for it; I can name one or two games I've played that have that. I'll definetely watch out for that in my future projects.

Thank you again for taking the time to play my silly little VN, it really means a lot to get some honest feedback! 🥳