• Oshino Shinobu
    • Hachikuji Mayoi
    • Araragi Karen
    • Araragi Tsukihi
    • Sengoku Nadeko
    • Ononoki Yotsugi
    • Kanbaru Suruga
    • Oshino Ougi
  2. 2. Who deserves to end up with Koyomi the most?

• Hanekawa Tsubasa
    • Senjougahara Hitagi
    • Oshino Shinobu
    • Hachikuji Mayoi
    • Araragi Karen
    • Araragi Tsukihi
    • Sengoku Nadeko
    • Ononoki Yotsugi
    • Kanbaru Suruga
  3. 3. What's your favorite arc?

• Bakemonogatari
    • Nekomogatari:Kuro
    • Nekomogatari:Shiro
    • Nisemonogatari
    • Kizumonogatari
    • Kabukimonogatari
    • Otorimonogatari
    • Onimonogatari
    • Hanamonogatari
    • Koimonogatari

This poll is closed to new votes

Yep just one more arc which is the graduation one after this one is over.

I loved seeing Senjougahara cry in the last episode, Kaiki is honestly one of the greatest characters the series has

I'm guessing Kizumonogatari will be next year?

Then we pray that the Final Season gets animated.

Edit: Series was FINALLY revealed to be 26 episodes long

There will be 2 more episodes and that's it

I'm guessing the next one will be dealing with Nadeko and the last one will be the graduation?

• 2 weeks later...

I know.. and next week is the last one apparently.

What i want to know most of all is what the hell is in Nadeko's closet. Since they said it's nothing important i only have dirty thoughts in my mind and i don't want to picture Nadeko like that. God they HAVE to show it.

But this leaves me wondering how will the finale be. They won't adapt Hanamonogatari after? My guess is they'll make OVAs or some specials.

Oh my god such a bittersweet ending (mostly bitter)

Who would have thought Nadeko wanted to become a manga artist. I did NOT see that coming.

And i felt bad for Kaiki in the end but I guess he deserved it.

Still it was a pretty sad ending. It'll probably continue in Hanamonogatari though I don't know when that will be

I just finished it myself. Now I just want to know what happens next xD

I'm guessing Nadeko won't make any more appearances since Kaiki said she'll just regress if she comes into contact with Araragi.

Poor Kaiki lol. It'd be a shame for him to die after the arc spent all that time making his character somewhat likable, but the story could probably go on without him.

There was a PV for Hanamonogatari that came out yesterday, I think, that said it'd be out sometime in 2014. That's all I've heard.

He's not just 'somewhat' likable in my opinion, he's pretty badass himself.

And yeah the story will go on, but it already lost a few good characters, it will have less spice to it.

I can pretty much see this story with everyone but arararagi and senjougahara dying and i wouldn't be surprised

If it makes you feel any better

Both Hachikuji and Nadeko have roles in the final series so we'll see them again! I just don't know if it'll be in the form of a flashback but then again the monogatari franchise is all about flashbacks and whatnot

And what did i say about Ougi in the beginning of this thread!? I knew she had something to do with

Nadeko going super saiyan.

Sometimes even i'm surprised at my own abilities

I even liked Kaiki during Nisemonogatari. The way he owns everyone with his words is just so amusing to see. His comebacks to Senjougahara are top notch. Sadly we won't be seeing that anymore..

What the next series needs more is Ougi!

i cant help thinking about what the hell ougi is he/she said that they work punishing liars and the darkness does similar actions punishing apparitions that have strayed from there intended role. maybe he/shes a personification of the phenomenon? hmmm it has been bugging me . 

plus ougi wasn't around in the other series yet shows up randomly knowing everyone and saying things like oh yeah we haven't met yet i forgot. what the hell is ougi outside of the rules of time or possibly the chain of cause and effect? then again he/she also states they are oshino meme's niece yet later we learn oshino has never had any family. 

My thoughts..

They make Keiki an even more badass character, then kill him off! ARGhhhhgfhgfhgfh >_<

Also the series are so random lol, Nadeko wated to be a manga artist lol.

About ougi. She says she is an relative to oshino, but that is obviously a lie. But prbly not 100% a lie. She likely has some connection to him. I doubt she is human, she might be some former phenomenon oshino 'fixed' or failed to remove. The time order is a bit messed up, but Oshino was live faar of in the future when Araragi and Shinobu when into the future. Another chain of events happened but still. So Oshino is prbly still around somewhere.

Considering how messed up the author is. Ougi might acutally be oshino or something. Possesed.

• 1 month later...

So I've finished Bakemonogatari about 20 seconds ago.

I had one word to say : brilliant.

It was perfect, animation was flawless when it needed and minimal when not.

A huge yet small world, empty yet crowded, jumpimg from reality to fantasy which such ease.

I'd love to write about this one more, but i'll have to think for a while. It was mind blowing and I can't even tell why.

And the soundtrack, what a gem ! Never has music been so well used.

Never have backgrounds been so talkative. I'm litteralty voiceless right now, i can't explain why this was so good.

Help me !

So I've finished Bakemonogatari about 20 seconds ago.

I had one word to say : brilliant.

It was perfect, animation was flawless when it needed and minimal when not.

A huge yet small world, empty yet crowded, jumpimg from reality to fantasy which such ease.

I'd love to write about this one more, but i'll have to think for a while. It was mind blowing and I can't even tell why.

And the soundtrack, what a gem ! Never has music been so well used.

Never have backgrounds been so talkative. I'm litteralty voiceless right now, i can't explain why this was so good.

Help me !

You did well young grasshopper. Now it's time for you to watch the rest of the series and be addicted to it.

Fuwahaha.

What's your favorite character? The correct answer is Shinobu by the way.

Well we don't see shinobu that much in Bake, but we understand there is a background to the character and she's really interesting.

I can't chose my favorite girl, maybe Senjougahara or Sengoku. 

But I like Araragi a lot as a main character

I can't chose my favorite girl, maybe Senjougahara or Sengoku.

Correct answer. You pass.

I'm litteralty voiceless right now, i can't explain why this was so good.

Bake often does that effect when you finish it. It has some kind of "alchemy" working where everything, the music, characters, stories and the Shinbo style just seems to fit together to create a rather unique mood.

I think the following series, even though they were sometimes really good, never managed to create that feel again. At least that's how it seemed to me.

I agree with Down. I like rating the series as a whole because it's really a linear story but the arc that always has the most impact is often Bakemonogatari for a reason. Regardless i still liked the following arcs and I can't wait for the movie. I think Kizumonogatari will definitely be on pair with the Bakemonogatari arc.

And maybe the last season will bring back the feels but I haven't read the novels so  I wouldn't know what goes on.

hanamonogatari will be released sometime either late this year or early next year as its currently in production. i cant wait for that as for kizumonogatari  they are still being really tight lipped about the project we know it will be a feature length film and will most likely be out some time this year but thats pretty much all we know. 

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-29/hanamonogatari-anime-previewed-in-video

I love the animation and production work in the anime series 

everything from the structure of the animation to the way the audio was made and the music they used

you can tell they had a heap of fun making this series, it shows by such a great work

the actual story itself could be better though, it reminds me of Mushishi and ghost hunt 

I want to read the novels, but I doubt I will 

I'm looking forward to kizumonogatari, but I think it will be awhile

every year people say "ow yea, it will be out this year"

well the last article i read on it stated that they were shooting for a 2014 release as of last year but they never said it was carved in stone ya know besides the fact that production on it is in progress we really don't know anything , they are playing their cards close to the chest on this one, and i can understand why its a series with a huge fan base now, the movie is the origin story for the series so they can't afford to botch anything, imagine the army of pissed off shinobu fans storming the production studios in a riot . lol the blood would flow like a river.

well the last article i read on it stated that they were shooting for a 2014 release as of last year but they never said it was carved in stone ya know besides the fact that production on it is in progress we really don't know anything , they are playing their cards close to the chest on this one, and i can understand why its a series with a huge fan base now, the movie is the origin story for the series so they can't afford to botch anything, imagine the army of pissed off shinobu fans storming the production studios in a riot . lol the blood would flow like a river.

I know. I'm really glad they love the franchise and are adapting it with care which is rare these days. I really don't care much for the time, just take as long as you want to produce the perfect movie. As a huge Shinobu fan of course it pains me to wait but i'd rather wait longer and have a decent piece of work than be utterly disappointed.

Meanwhile everyone pray to your one and only demon overlord Shinobu.