Skyrim released again, this time on GOG (!!)

Mist Ephemeral

News post:
https://www.gog.com/en/news/release_the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim

I genuinely wasn't expecting that to happen... "<.<

Also according to a news post by Nexus Mods (link), they, as well as the creators of SKSE, were working with GOG behind the scenes before the release to help add modding support to the GOG release.  

Mind individual mods may need to be updated first before they can work with the GOG version, as there are some modifications to this version so it can work under the premise of GOG.

That marks the first DRM free release of Skyrim, and by what I read in the store page and forum comments, it seems the game features that could and would work as DRM were disabled and given, to an extent, workarounds.

Thoughts? 😃

... I know that Bethesda loves to milk their games until the fanbase withers and dies, but I'm tired of hearing about Skyrim releases when it's been so long since the last real ES game came out (MMO's aren't games, they are traps for the latent obsessive people). 

Oh... and I find it hilarious that the fan-made storylines are so much better than the original one, hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim, well I only know that my brother did try it on the PC and not long after that he stopped it. Other than that, I know it's a very popular open world RPG that apparently offer a lot of costumization and side quest. Anyway I suppose nice if one prefer to buy it from GOG instead of Steam, although beware that it has quite steep HDD space requirement (24 GB).