Is SpoilerAL safe to use?!

Heimeropen

It is very safe to use, I use it on a few visual novels but Windows Defender has never gone off on it before.  It's likely a false positive, just because an antivirus thinks something is a threat that isn't always true.

Windows Defender will even think some programs are "unwanted" like Cheat Engine though I turned that annoying feature off.

Edited by Shaun

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

It is very safe to use, I use it on a few visual novels but Windows Defender has never gone off on it before.  It's likely a false positive, just because an antivirus thinks something is a threat that isn't always true.

Windows Defender will even think some programs are "unwanted" like Cheat Engine though I turned that annoying feature off.

Same with Cheat Engine before it: Defender never treated Cheat Engine as a threat before but now it does all the time... Maybe Cheat Engine-like programs always get treated as such because the Windows Defender database gets updated regularly! The thing is the entire RAR folder of SpoilerAL gets treated as a freaking Trojan of all things. Try packing it and uploading it somewhere and sending it to Virustotal or something: You'll see what I'm talking about.

Edited by Heimeropen