Looking for a VN to play, some of my history.

Siveria

Hi all, kinda new around here and well I am looking for a VN to go thru next, here are some I have finished: Hoshizora no Memoria, Sharin no Kuni, Ever 17, G-senjou no maou, A-profile, cross channel, chaos head, wanko no kurasou, Song of Saya, Kamidori alchemy meister, Lightning warrior raidy (yes I know not all of these are true vns some have gameplay), Kara no shoujo. and a few other random ones.

The type of VNs I enjoy are ones like Grisaia, G-senjou no maou, sharin no kuni, where each heroine has some sort of mystery or issue that gets solved, with a good ending to it, or some sort of mystery in the plot that gets revealed and explained in the true end (Ever 17 as a prime example of this). I like shit that makes me think, I am currently going theu Grisaia no Kaijitsu, and have done 3 of the 5 routes (Yumiko, Michiru and Sachis so far), some of them it was obvious what the issue was, but for Amane and Makina I am completly clueless as to why they are at Mihama. Bascally I love these kinds of vn's the best. If my heart had wings I was going thru but stopped before I got set into a route due to how boring the VN was for me.

Anyway, any suggestions for vn's like this?

So Little Busters, Rewrite and Stein's Gate? Also yeah I heard about remember 11 feeling very.. incomplete when you finish it, its partly why I haven't bothered with it yet. I am also intersted in that Shinigami kiss one, not sure on full name but it was recently finished translation. Waiting for it to show up on Fuwanovel here. Thanks for the suggestions.

Also Kaguya, do you have a full size version of your avatar picture there? Who is she?

The only one I can say that really fits your criteria would be Steins. Rewrite/LB aren't really focused on the mystery aspect of it and instead the themes that go with them. Rewrite especially gets ridiculously philsophical in the later parts.

YU-NO might be a good fit, but it's really old and takes some time to get going.

Also Kaguya, do you have a full size version of your avatar picture there? Who is she?

This picture actually kind of messes up with the character. It's kaguya houraisan from touhou, the last boss in the 8th game. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Kaguya_Houraisan

I can't find a good picture of her right now, but imagine this one without the headphones/psp

2eactoy.jpg

For the sake of recommending something that hasn't been recommended yet, try Higurashi no naku koro ni, which is mostly creepy with some mystery elements, or Umineko no naku koro ni which is straight up mystery when you get down to it. It's not exactly the kind of mystery you were probably asking for, but I guarantee that both are worth your time.

For the sake of recommending something that hasn't been recommended yet, try Higurashi no naku koro ni, which is mostly creepy with some mystery elements, or Umineko no naku koro ni which is straight up mystery when you get down to it. It's not exactly the kind of mystery you were probably asking for, but I guarantee that both are worth your time.

I've actually watch the Higurashi anime, it was.. disturbing to say the least, seeing cute loli's go all psychotic/homicidal is not something you see everyday even in anime. Is there a version of Higurashi with better sprites/art? I remember the orignal being terrible in the art dept.

I've actually watch the Higurashi anime, it was.. disturbing to say the least, seeing cute loli's go all psychotic/homicidal is not something you see everyday even in anime. Is there a version of Higurashi with better sprites/art? I remember the orignal being terrible in the art dept.

Yes there's a patch which replaces the original art with the PS2 art, looks a lot better. I highly recommend it even if you've watched the anime.

Yes there's a patch which replaces the original art with the PS2 art, looks a lot better. I highly recommend it even if you've watched the anime.

AHh Ty this fixes my problem perfectly. I got the Umineko 1-4 game with the ps2 patch as well. Funny how it never came to me to try to google-fu to see if there was a ps2 patch or some patch for it. I know VN's are more about the story, but I get into it more if the art is nice.

Go for Chaos;Head for the "makes you think" factor.

It has a cool positive/negative flag system so if you're going into a situation on it you can come at it from a "shit im scared" stance or a "actually this chick with that giant sword looks like she may not disembowel me" stance. Plus the art is great.

Also Higurashi, probably won't me MUCH of a mystery if you have seen the anime but its still worth it for Ryukishi07's top notch writing.

• 4 weeks later...