Amnesia Memories and its fandisc Amnesia Later x Crowd is now out on the Switch in English!

Shiawase_Rina

2x1_NSwitch_AmnesiaMemories.jpg

After the first English release on PS Vita and Steam in 2015 Amnesia finally made the jump to the Switch!

We also get the fandiscs Later and Crowd for the first time in English in one port. The two fandisc were first ported as one game on the Vita and originally released on the PSP as two games.

Description:

A story that takes place in a fictional world...

It was the 1st of August.

That morning, when she awoke, the heroine found herself without any memories from before August 1st...... Everything, from the sort of life she lived, to the relationships she had, was a blank......

A young boy named Orion appeared in front of her, referring to himself as a "spirit." Under Orion's guidance, the heroine began the struggle to regain her memories. She searched her house for clues about her everyday life, and received a message on her phone...

What was displayed on the screen was an unknown name to her.

Now, she is asked to meet with him, a boyfriend whose name and face she doesn't know. In a position where who to trust is uncertain, the heroine must move in a way that her memory loss remains undetected by her partner. Because of this, the story becomes tangled in complex ways.

With no memories of "him," our heroine will write a new love story starting today......

[Taken from the official English website]

I'm super happy to finally play the fandiscs after 7 long years of waiting! I heard a lot about them and they have a lot of content that appeals to me:

- The protagonist finally talks and has a personality!

- Quality time with my best boy ura!Ukyo!

- Sweet revenge against what happened in the Diamond route!

I wonder if they will port the fandiscs to Steam as well, but looking at the price they sell Amnesia Memories at there... I don't have too high hopes.

Edited by Shiawase_Rina
forgot tags

Hold up, the protag finally talks and has a personality? Nice!

I wish playing Shin's route first didn't bore me to tears. I would be all on this game if it weren't for that. But I'm glad we got an otome fandisc released! I think the only ones I can think of off the bat that had a fandisc released in English would be Code Realize, right? Even in the bishoujo-sphere, it doesn't seem to be that common to get fandiscs released.... So it's a step in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...

I mean later and crowd. I've got the steam version of Amnesia already. I was excited to hear about the other versions and was wondering if those would come to steam too. I tend to play games way more on the PC than on the switch but if it's exclusive at least it's better than not playing it at all.

Edited by Game Petals

19 hours ago, Game Petals said:

I mean later and crowd. I've got the steam version of Amnesia already. I was excited to hear about the other versions and was wondering if those would come to steam too. I tend to play games way more on the PC than on the switch but if it's exclusive at least it's better than not playing it at all.

This is a good question since IFI hasn't ported any otome games to Steam since Hakuoki Edo Blossoms in 2018. Cupid Parasite was released in 2021 in English and has not gotten a Steam port yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up on porting otome to Steam since they apparantly don't sell well there. At least the severe price cuts on all IFI's otome games on Steam suggests that. Amnesia Memories was once 40$ on Steam and is now permanently below 10$.

I saw a few people on Twitter complain about how expensive Amnesia and its fandiscs are on Switch while comparing the price with the Steam version. Saying that the games are in no way or form worth that much money. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that...

So yeah I would maybe wait until the end of the year to see if a otome Steam port get's announced (whether Amnesia or Cupid Parasite) and if that isn't the case to just get the Switch version. That way you can at least be sure if they are waiting a year for a game to be out on Switch until they port them or not.