Introduction!

auntwitch

Hi everyone! I'm AuntWitch. I came up with that name as a reference to me being an Aunt, who likes witchy stuff. Anyway, I'm 24 years old and I got into visual novels when I was a young kid exploring Newgrounds like an oblivious fool and found weird games that parodied popular visual novels/anime, except with a bucket full of dark humor to them. Probably inappropriate for me to have read, but it started my love for visual novels. Sadly, at the time there wasn't much to read! Ended up taking a break from VNs until I found out about Dangan Ronpa while it was being fan-translated on a forum. Katawa Shoujo was the first VN I played through by myself, but I believe Dangan Ronpa is what got me motivated to play them properly.

Anyway, with that said......it was a slippery slope. I don't know what happened, but now I have a metric ton of visual novels in my steam catalog. My favorite is probably the Nekopara franchise for how easy it is to read when you're down in the dumps, but I also love Fata Morgana and the Grisaia series. Still need to finish Eden of Grisaia and then start the Phantom Trigger series.   I like both bishoujo games and otome games, though I have a preference for bishoujo games.

It's nice to meet you all!

5 hours ago, auntwitch said:

Anyway, with that said......it was a slippery slope. I don't know what happened, but now I have a metric ton of visual novels in my steam catalog. My favorite is probably the Nekopara franchise for how easy it is to read when you're down in the dumps, but I also love Fata Morgana and the Grisaia series. Still need to finish Eden of Grisaia and then start the Phantom Trigger series.   I like both bishoujo games and otome games, though I have a preference for bishoujo games.

Very relatable. That's why I've been stopping myself from buying more, since it feels like it's easier to say I'll read them than actually doing it because of life!

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay here, and I'm looking forward to seeing you around. :ehehe:

4 hours ago, Kosakyun said:

Very relatable. That's why I've been stopping myself from buying more, since it feels like it's easier to say I'll read them than actually doing it because of life!

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay here, and I'm looking forward to seeing you around. :ehehe:

Hah, it's just so easy to buy more and more! I would buy them every chance I got---birthday/christmas? Time to ask for Steam money in hopes that my purchase will encourage more releases in the west. 

Nowadays, there's so many that I can't keep up!!!

42 minutes ago, auntwitch said:

Hah, it's just so easy to buy more and more! I would buy them every chance I got---birthday/christmas? Time to ask for Steam money in hopes that my purchase will encourage more releases in the west. 

Nowadays, there's so many that I can't keep up!!!

YUP YUP I get youuu! Hopefully we can both make more time for ourselves to clear our logs. :mare:

Welcome to Fuwanovel and sorry for the belated greeting, and also that's cute Chocola avatar there. I see that you're about to finish Rakuen there, so have fun (Also actually Phantom Trigger here is more like spin off, but if you want more Grisaia then feel free to try it). I hope that you'll have fun in here, and feel free to ask for more VN recommendations if you need it.

• 2 weeks later...