Heart de Roommate Remastered releases 30.09.2022

Saetron

b345555c691421db3c2e8ca822a7.png

JAST announced today that they will release a fully remastered version of Heart de Roommate from Angle Smile at the end of September 2022!

Content in the remaster:

Spoiler

This is a complete remaster of the classic Heart de Roommate, updated for a completely fresh eroge experience!

- Modern HD art

- Improved user interface

- Compatible with modern version of Windows, MacOS, and Linux

The remastered version will be free of charge for owners of Heart de Roommate on JAST.

PreOrder here to get a 15% launch discount.

(sorry for the styling, I'm on a phone. Will tidy it a bit up once I am on a computer)

Huh, interesting. I quite enjoyed the original :)

However, I find it weird that this remaster is English-only. Are JAST doing it all by themselves?

(I'd love bilingual version, so I could go with JP for a second read ;) I guess there'a always an option of grabbing an original on DLSite, but then no HD for me...)

Edited by adamstan

4 hours ago, Saetron said:

The remastered version will be free of charge for owners of Heart de Roommate on JAST.

Kudos to JAST for knowing how to show appreciation for their established fanbase! A lot of publishers won't even give a discount for owners of the original game when they release a  remaster or port.

6 hours ago, adamstan said:

Huh, interesting. I quite enjoyed the original :)

However, I find it weird that this remaster is English-only. Are JAST doing it all by themselves?

(I'd love bilingual version, so I could go with JP for a second read ;) I guess there'a always an option of grabbing an original on DLSite, but then no HD for me...)

It's not that weird for JAST to have English exclusive remasters/HD versions, same also happened with the Sagara Family remake and the X-Chage Collection.

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Kudos to JAST for knowing how to show appreciation for their established fanbase! A lot of publishers won't even give a discount for owners of the original game when they release a  remaster or port.

Yeah JAST is special in that regard, just picked the game up a few weeks ago so it's quite nice for me and I appreciate it from them. It's not normal to give out remakes for free.

Well this is one of the unexpected news from JAST, although unfortunately I can't exact say that I welcomed the surprise here seeing that I can't exactly see on how the new version of it will improve the experience unlike Aoishiro (Besides graphical improvement and easy access to newer OS). In fact actually I expect (Or perhaps hoping) that JAST will release their remaining AX announcements in 2022 here, such as the release for either of Tokyo Hero Project or Gears of Dragoon 2, but it seems that it's still not the time yet.

As for the VN itself, while I know that it has MC do the crossdress along with female heroines in which it's exactly the kind of VNs that I hope to see it localized more, I can only say that the graphic for Heart de Roommate here is quite out of date to put it bluntly. Of course though one may find the graphic is still looking good even now, and from what I read somewhere it's a nice charage/moege back when it's been released in 2004. In the end, I can only say that I'll wait for another JAST release here, although I suppose I can say they're so far been doing good with monthly releases (Regardless on my interest to some of the releases).

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder when the next Jast sale will be? Had this on my TBR list for a while but never quite bought it. Gotta appreciate when you put something off long enough that it comes out with a remaster, lmfao. Ah, though its nice to know it works on Linux! I have a laptop that would appreciate a VN collection.

No much to say other than belated congratulation here, and if possible I want JAST to localize 2013 version of Phantom of Inferno in case they want to remastered their old release, although it might be easier said than done seeing that 2013 version of Phantom of Inferno is practically different VN with revamped graphics and VAs change (Not to mention the assumed license problem between Hirameki and Nitroplus). That aside, I hope that you'll have fun with this in case you already picked up the VN here.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...

I checked out the remaster, since I had original bought from JAST.

While porting to Ren'py is a welcome change, since it means no problem with running on modern systems, I'm not too fond of "remastered" graphics, since they seem to be just upscaled and "smoothed out", and frankly, this kind of art looks weird for me without some pixellation ;)

6 minutes ago, johnnysasaki said:

did they translate Asumi's final line in her True End in the remastered release?I remember that line was unsubbed,so I never knew to this day what she said...

As for unsubbed lines - I have checked only a few scenes in the beginning, but, at least there, there were no changes - unsubbed lines remained voice-only. (In the prologue it's the Asumi shouting at protagonist before kicking him)

Edited by adamstan