Yuri VN Akai Ito and Aoi Shiro Remaster announcement

Luttii

9 minutes ago, sarkasmus said:

Never noticed there was a Fantranslation (no idea why though, i try to get my hands on pretty much every story from that genre i see), sure looks interesting though.

I take you can't wishlist it on steam yet?

There are fan translations for both titles actually. Akai Ito was just a html fantranslation which was not implemented into the game itself. Aoishiro had an actual one.
Idk if you can wishlist it, but I'm happy there are PC versions :)

4 minutes ago, HataVNI said:

There are fan translations for both titles actually. Akai Ito was just a html fantranslation which was not implemented into the game itself. Aoishiro had an actual one.
Idk if you can wishlist it, but I'm happy there are PC versions :)

I just looked, at least for me it's not listed on steam yet. Not an issue of course, i just like to use the wishlist to keep track of all the announced games that might be interesting.

• 2 months later...

Late to the party here.

While I know that Aoishiro already has translation and thus technically it's a redundant release, I still sort of looking forward to it because the translation patch that we have is basically incomplete. Granted that it's already translate the story text which obviously is the most important thing in the VNs, but Aoishiro here also has flowchart and encyclopedia in which those two are still untranslated, so hopefully Success here would do the reasonable thing by translating those two features.

For Akai Ito obviously I look forward to it, because the only way to read it in English is through the available 88% translation patch, and more importantly finally Success will release Akai Ito for PC because back in 2004 they only released the PS2 version (And yet they somehow released the trial of it for PC version).

In the end, I can say that I'll look forward to the eventual release of both, and with Akai Ito English version available hopefully more people would be interested to read it even though the story may be not as good as you expect. That said, I afraid that it may took a big number of HDD seeing that Aoishiro's size is already big enough for 2008 VN, and for comparison it's about the same size as Baldr Sky in which it's more reasonable seeing that it has two parts.

PS - I should say that the graphic for both VNs can still rival some of the newer VNs even in non-HD version, although my impression may be wrong on that.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...

We already have the exact release date for the package, and it'll be on May 25th later. That said, it's only for Switch version, so no releasd date for PC version until further notice (Hopefully it won't be too long after Switch release).

PS - In case you want to do pre-order, Success will open the service for it on February 1st later.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 months later...

What you should expect from both is obviously horror, although it also has some combat seeing that several heroines from the duology are demon hunter with the MC from Aoishiro is kendo club captain from all girl school. Oh yes, several heroines are also have supernatural ties.

Anyway, the duology is now available on Steam and Switch, so feel free to try it if you're interested with it. For Steam version, I should say that they did the good job with Aoishiro, in that they manage to translate the flowchart and dictionary on top compressed the size (No longer that people need to allocate 7 GB HDD to play Aoishiro, but instead only less than 3 GB). Unfortunately though, the publisher apparently only working with this on 1080p, so the game will be zoomed in if you play it with PC that has resolution less than 1080p (It's problematic in Akai Ito with you can't even view the face in the sprites). The issues aside, I hope that you'll have fun if you played this.

Edited by littleshogun