What's a music genre you would like to see be more explored in anime?

BeckJohn21

I'd say i would personally like to see more punk type anime like NANA as i really like the edgy and rebellious attitude of the genre and also the aesthecs as well art and fashion wise are really cool and i'd also think gothic stuff would be really cool to see as well.

So what kind of genre of music would you like to see anime be done more of?

sonnerie gratuite

Edited by BeckJohn21

This is a super cool thread. I personally would like to have all varieties of jazz much more explored, because jazz is basically a very cozy but also anxiety-inducing type of music as there are so many varieties and sub-genres of it and the musical composition of jazz rarely goes according to pre-determined standards and music tropes. Instead it is a lot of improv and musical instruments where you expect none to play and vice versa. The creative variety that jazz music could foster could definitely be used in a lot of more VNs. Right now, whenever I hear any it is meant to be some relaxing slow-jazzy atmosphere (like in a bar or smth) but it is not using its real strength to be inducing fear, anxiety, humour or chaos.

I hope this makes sense, I'm not a musical expert and my terminologies suck.

7 hours ago, auntwitch said:

I don't know what genre Ado is, but she reminds me of Ali-Project, which means that its good and should definitely return to mainstream.

ooooh Ado! I love her voice! I'm happy she is getting more known through Uta in One Piece Red :677632610700230696:

I'd also love to hear more jazz or anything funky!

Something that I would love to see someday, though it probably will never happen, is an incorporation of Hispanic/Latin based sounds and rhythm to the OST of an anime or even VN. It feels like one of those genres that have not been touched upon knowing the general demographic of JP. 
That is not to say that they aren't aware of it and the culture. Though from the few handful of instances that I've seen, they got Cumbia down pretty well to a tee. Or even songs and music that are generally inspired by it. 
Did I use this as an excuse to go down a rabbit hole I never thought I'd experience before? Yes, and it was worth it all, especially considering when the lyrics are sung in JP, so yeah, it definitely can be done.

32 minutes ago, 蓬莱山シャイニー said:

Something that I would love to see someday, though it probably will never happen, is an incorporation of Hispanic/Latin based sounds and rhythm to the OST of an anime or even VN. It feels like one of those genres that have not been touched upon knowing the general demographic of JP. 
That is not to say that they aren't aware of it and the culture. Though from the few handful of instances that I've seen, they got Cumbia down pretty well to a tee. Or even songs and music that are generally inspired by it. 
Did I use this as an excuse to go down a rabbit hole I never thought I'd experience before? Yes, and it was worth it all, especially considering when the lyrics are sung in JP, so yeah, it definitely can be done.

I'm not sorry, Shiny.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 4:09 PM, BeckJohn21 said:

I'd say i would personally like to see more punk type anime like NANA as i really like the edgy and rebellious attitude of the genre and also the aesthecs as well art and fashion wise are really cool and i'd also think gothic stuff would be really cool to see as well.

So what kind of genre of music would you like to see anime be done more of?

sonnerie téléphone mp3 gratuite

Well this is an interesting question, personally for me. I like anime presented in the Rap music genre.

• 2 months later...