The newest Otome game announcements: Otomate Party 2022

HataVNI

Dear God, since we have a severe lack of Otomaidens here until we snack ourselves a cool partnership with the passionately anime men worshipping mostly female userbase of some Otome community, I have to be handling this summary. This is interesting, because besides being interested in all kinds of visual novels I have not touched that many Otome before. I can pinpoint my first otome experience with Amnesia: Memories, because of an ex-girlfriend almost a decade ago who told me to leave her life and instead regressed to 2D-worship of Toma for that game. Other than that I have played Hakuouki: Kyoto Winds & Edo Blossoms, 7Scarlet (Review), BURIED STARS, Fxxx me Royally, Nameless and some Taisho x Alice Ep. 1- this is not the most wealthy collection of Otome, so I'm not the biggest expert for them, so bear with me. I definitely would look forward to a true expert to show up and take over this kind of post, especially when it comes to exploring voice actors, staff and legacy of particular brands!

1uiSFRH.jpeg

The publisher Idea Factory held the Otomate Party 2022 Event where they presented in total 8! new Otome titles for Nintendo Switch. This lineup consists of four completely new games and two ports of older platforms. Additionally, there's a sequel and a fandisc, too.

Let's get right ahead with the announcements, shall we?

New Announcements

Shuuen no Virche -EpiC:lycoris-

Here we have a fandisc of the game Shuuen no Virche -ErroR:salvation-. The game will release in 2023 via Aksys Games. It was announced just a short while ago.

Spade no Kuni no Alice (Alice in the Country of Spades) ~Wonderful Black World~

This is the sequel of Spade no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful White World~ which released in September 2021.

Temirana-koku no Tsuiteru Hime to Tsuitenai Kishi-dan (The Princess with Good Luck and the Knights with Bad Luck from the Temirana Kingdom)

In this game we are thrown into a country where ones birthmonth decides over a person's livelyhood. The protagonist girl is the third princess of the country who is blessed with extreme luck while her subordinates, the knights, are pursued by misfortune.

9 R.I.P

The more monstrous, the better. While this trailer does not show a lot it is clear that this is a ghost story of sorts. Apparently, there are multiple world's that play in the Beyond?

My9Swallows Topstars League 

This is a collaboration game between Otomate and the japanese baseball team "Tokyo Yakult Swallows". In this romance-story you become a manager of said team and you're instructed to take care of the members there and keep their sprits high.

A new project by Yuki Iwai & Daisuke Namikawa

Nothing else is known.

Console Ports

Senjou no Waltz

The game released initially for PlayStation Vita in 2014. We're becoming a member of the Nirvana Military Academy and our female protagonist is equipped with a cursed, magical blade.

Princess Arthur

The game first released for PlayStation Portable in 2013. It's an adaption of Arturian Legend, but instead of Saber King Arthur being the King that you imagine, they are an ordinary girl. This game got a port on mobile by NTT Solmare in 2016.

Spade no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Black World~, Senjou no Waltz and Princess Arthur will release in 2023. Shuuen no Virche -EpiC:lycoris-, Temirana-koku no Tsuiteru Hime to Tsuitenai Kishidan, 9 R.I.P. and My9Swallows Topstars League did not have their dates announced yet.

Everything listed here will be available on Nintendo Switch in Japan.

9. R.I.P interests me the most from the new games! I like Yuuya's artwork and quite a few of her designs here are again winners! Urban legends is also an interesting theme. I'm hoping for some horror vibes! I want to feel afraid again playing otome games.

Other than that the fandisc for Virche will be interesting. So now it will focus on salvation, eh? I'm waiting for the English release next year to play the game so I only know what I heard about it second hand. The likelihood of me liking Virche is pretty high (the writer is one of my favorites + I like darker stories) so this is also something to look forward to.

Virche should also sell pretty well in the west so the we don't have to worry much about not getting the fandisc in English. (Just please don't fuck the release up Aksys)

Lastly the new Alice game! It's a deeply nostalgic series for me since I stumbled over the manga adaptions when I was like 13. Of course this game will probably also stay in the "never getting an English release" zone but I'm still glad the series keeps going! And Julius is back again! Long time no see grumpy clockmaker! Sadly not as a love interest tho. But just seeing his unhappy face makes me happy.

I am concerned that Fujimaru-sensei will apparently stop being the artist for the games. It's not like she always was the artist of the series but she has a long history with it. I'm worried Otomate did something bad again.