PlayAsia, company that has been selling games of asian origin for two decades, has launched a publishing branch: PlayAsia Publishing

HataVNI

This is pretty cool to see a new publishing house taking stage. This does not exactly mean they will be a VN publisher, but the promises they make are surely not bad. They are fulfilling basic and advanced publishing needs and even look into releasing games with additional language options, how convenient.

bKjHO35.png

7 hours ago, Nemesis said:

I find that their prices are way too high. It's usually cheaper to buy directly from Japanese publishers and have a third party export it for you.

Yeah, PlayAsia's prices seem rather on the expensive side to put it mildly ;) I usually get my physical editions of VNs either from amazon.jp or from ebay (although I feel like ebay prices also have risen recently). And for download editions I alternate between Steam, DLSite and Getchu (DMM doesn't work for my area).

11 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Does anyone actually use playasia? I find that their prices are way too high. It's usually cheaper to buy directly from Japanese publishers and have a third party export it for you.

PlayAsia also has Asia games which are normally pretty hard to come by and not found on amazon jp etc, as well as the Play Exclusives and unlike proxy shippers they offer DDP shipping which is quite nice if you dont wanna do customs yourself.

12 hours ago, adamstan said:

Yeah, PlayAsia's prices seem rather on the expensive side to put it mildly ;) I usually get my physical editions of VNs either from amazon.jp or from ebay (although I feel like ebay prices also have risen recently). And for download editions I alternate between Steam, DLSite and Getchu (DMM doesn't work for my area).

If you have trouble with DMM, use a VPN. It might be worth it to go for paid VPN to get high quality VPN if you use it often enough.

There are also second-hand stores like suruga-ya, Mandarake, Yahoo JP auctions, etc that you can go to for Physicals. Lots of options if you can browse through Japanese websites.

Edit:@Saetron: That's nice, but I'm mainly interested in JP VN's.

Edited by Nemesis