There has been a fan translation brewing for Re: LieF ~Shin'ainaru Anata e~ and barely anyone knows about it!

HataVNI

IjAfnMS.jpeg

I kept browsing the r/visualnovels and 4chan areas and it seems that the fan translation for the game Re: LieF ~Shin'ainaru Anata e~
- that was literally advertised nowhere besides a single isolated corner on Steam - has been completed.  Apparently, it was announced in the guides section by a guide called "abarax" and has been happily brewing with a couple people being excited for it since May 2022. 

The patch maker also included instructions how to install the game. I'm still a little flabbergasted, but have fun!

Steam Community :: Guide :: Re: Lief English

I've actually been reading it, it doesn't really read like something that is edited MTL (I really don't think that is true, I've tried to read edited MTL before and this translation is nothing like it) though “Videos and UI/menus aren’t translated. Backlog names are also in Japanese.” So it's not a full translation.

I've been enjoying it so far.

Edited by Shaun

I have asked the guy and it is DeepL that he used, but he seems to have more than a smidgen of Japanese skill, however. What is more surprising, is, that they are actually not as deeply involved into the fanTL community as you might think, so they just made this whole ass project on the side and provided a more readable result than a lot of older fan translations. He also works alone on the thing, which means he has more than at least decent writing/editing skill, but can work with the engine too. 

This reminds me honestly of the translation projects for the newer Eushully fanTLs (Amayui Castle Meister, Fuukan no Grasesta) which are legitimately edited MTL, but people still claim they are well readable. Obviously, in the pursuit of maintaining the Japanese originals accuracy and the "purity and honor of a the Japanese to English translation process" that some people (including me) hold in high regards, this is not to be condoned. So I will probably not be reading this.

But as long people like it, we should not stop them from reading it.

“Videos and UI/menus aren’t translated. Backlog names are also in Japanese.” So it's not a full translation.

The guy went out of his way to tell me to go and edit this line to the vndb description of his project, so you should maybe redownload the game whenever there is an update.

KjfO8iJ.png

• 3 months later...

About ReLief, I know that it got the best story award in 2016 Getchu poll, despite that some users here not understand on how it manage to get that. What I understand here is that some didn't like the story, so perhaps divisive would be the right word here. Story aside, at least the graphic is quite good and that I like the opening song. The developer also planned the sequel of this, but it seens they got some difficulties because we only see partial release until now.

Anyway too bad that it's MTL here, which while it's not really wise of the translator to admit it to be honest there's some sign of it although it can still be treated as awkward translation choice. In any case, I suppose we can only hope that Nekonyan would license this seeing that it's been handled by Hikari Field, although obviously I won't count on it. Lastly you can try the patch of you didn't mind MTL and has been desperate to read ReLief, and have fun.

PS - Fuukan no Grasesta is been worked on by Rhapsody's translator and they worked on it by using manual intead of machine (ie Google Translate or DeepL), so at least we can expect that Grasesta is manually translated (If we ever see the release of the full trandlation patch of it). Also for the info there's no Grasesta translation plan in Depravity's Discord, at least as of now.

Edited by littleshogun