Looking for staff to help translate, and edit Yosuga no Sora/Haruka na Sora. Plus other misc. roles. (Update Nov/16. Progress made. Need translators still)

MadTRJR

To those who have followed us in the past, the project has been pretty silent for awhile, I know. Truth is we have been making massive progress behind the scenes and just haven't been updating the blog. There will be an absolutely massive release by the end of the year, with lots of progress. But we still need help! You could even help just by letting others know! Maybe you have a friend who is a translator?

Haruka na Sora is mostly translated, with Yahiro and Sora's route on pace to be done within a month. Kozue (Class Rep) just started work, but we might need someone else to TL her. She's much nicer in the VN I swear! Yosuga no Sora is already 'translated' but we need to double check the translation of Nao and Akira (yes Akira again. The first TLC ended up being sloppy). We have someone for Nao, but we do need someone for Akira, who is the 2nd most popular girl! We also need a Translation check for the nearly finished Yahiro's route (Sora is fine, and we'll skip straight to the editing phase).

There is also this fan VN we are gonna work on, called Haruka no Yosuga. It's a Yaoi VN about trap Haru . We could use a translator for that. It's relatively small as it's fan made, but it has very high production value (might as well have been made by Sphere lol).

Then there are various misc. roles. Including some non-VN stuff (we have expanded the scope of the project to just 'translate everything Yosuga no Sora related'.). And oh boy have we found a treasure trove of YnS content to work on. It's all doable even with just our current staff, but we definitely want to speed up the release.

There's also some non-English YnS projects we have partnered up with, if you wanna hear about them. They're the real deal and all of them have made pretty big progress. So even if you can't help with the English project, there are other languages that could use your help.

If all of that doesn't sound like jobs for you, we also are just looking for people to help us spruce of the YnS community (we have the wiki, the subreddit and the discord server).

Our subreddit
Our discord server (this is also where we host the patch. HnS patch will be publicly available very very soon).

Lemme know if you wanna help out! Or want more info. There's a lot I left out.

Edited by MadTRJR

4 hours ago, Fujoneko said:

Do you need someone to edit/translate the images? My Japanese is fairly decent if it's just that and I've helped on a bunch of projects already :illyasmug: 

I really need to work on my workaholic habits

The images? For the manga? We have someone to translate the anthology manga, edit them and the insert them into the images... But we are looking to translate some YnS Doujins though! And currently have no staff for that. Depending on your Japanese level (N2 or N3?) you could get us started on that. Or you could potentially translate VN stuff (which is the main focus) if you're skilled enough.

Finally you could edit! Your JP knowledge (even if it's not the best) would be a massive boost to us if you wanted to be an editor. Which basically just requires trying to liberally reword things, to make it as readable/clear as possible (while still retaining original meaning).

I also see you are located in Portugal? There is a Portuguese TL project (being done by a fairly old, successful and experienced group). I could get you in contact with them

We can best discuss everything on discord. Join the server and DM @Mad#7553

5 hours ago, Fujoneko said:

Do you need someone to edit/translate the images? My Japanese is fairly decent if it's just that and I've helped on a bunch of projects already :illyasmug: 

I really need to work on my workaholic habits

Oh unless you mean the menu images? Or something GUI/HUD related? We have those translated and edited, and all the coding work done for that. Just cracked that a few months ago.

17 hours ago, MadTRJR said:

Oh unless you mean the menu images? Or something GUI/HUD related? We have those translated and edited, and all the coding work done for that. Just cracked that a few months ago.

Yep, that's what I meant haha I'm not too confident on my Japanese level to tackle an actual full translation nor the time

• 2 months later...
  • MadTRJR changed the title to Looking for staff to help translate, and edit Yosuga no Sora/Haruka na Sora. Plus other misc. roles. (Update Nov/16. Progress made. Need translators still)
  • 11 months later...