Gore Screaming show discussion

Novel21

Gore Screaming Show

Who else in this forum are excited for Gore Screaming show? 

I'm really excited and I'm happy JAST USA official announcement Gore Screaming show, for to be honest I never expect they localizer Gore Screaming show and translate in English. So it come as surprise for meg, i know someone was going translate in English but dropped it in the end, I was quite disappointed when it happened but now I can finally play it in English, when JAST USA finish translate in English of course.

P.S. sorry for not add any image but I don't know how to it and sorry for my bad English, English it's not my main language.

I played Gore Screaming Show approximately three months after I began playing untranslated VNs, so - oddly enough - I remember most of the important bits.  At the time, it was already considered a classic by the English-speaking, untranslated-playing community, but I think it was considered so more because it had all the iconic elements of a good Japanese horror story.  At the time, the style was mildly popular in the JVN community, with Sabae no Ou and others still being produced quietly in the background for the fanboys.  However, the genre pretty much vanished after 2013, with most horror taking a different tack afterward.

Gore Screaming Show, like a lot of the horror VNs of the time, involves a lot of tentacles, a chaotic evil true heroine, and sudden bursts of horrific blood splatter.  There are also several bad endings with story, including one that branches off the true path.  

Well I did try to do some research, and turned out that it's indeed quite a nice game with the good story despite that the title lured us to think that there'll be a lot of disturbing scene. That said though, I still have some concern on one tag on VNDB (Scat) and I don't know on how it apply to GSS here because the last time I know that tag is from euphoria which to say is quite infamous. Oh yes special mention should goes to the art, in which it's still good enough despite that GSS here is basically 16 years old VN thanks to Ueda Metawo who keep proving himself capable making good art as shown in Sadistic Blood as well (So much that JAST offer a patch to return the mosaic just because some picture are quite disturbing which shown that the artist can also make some very good disturbing art).

For the answer in regard on who's been excited on this, well I'm more or less in the middle here. Also apparently JAST promised that they'll release it in this year, and now they already fully translated it according to the translator's tweet here it might be possible that we may have it released within this year.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...

It should be noted that it also available on Steam, albeit with Subahibi treatment in that there's only trial version of it on Steam with the trial only contain common route and half of Akane's route, so obviously using 18+ patch on the Steam version is absolutely necessary to play the game fully (Not just to restore the sex scenes like usual VNs in Steam). As for me, well I'll see if I can try it later seeing that I still have doubt on one tag, but again at least I know that Metawo's art here is still good even after 16 years of the release.

Here's some tweets by its translator concerning the cut version @ZackZeal. Oh, and there is alsoa  GoG release, this might even be uncensored!