• orangesunshine changed the title to How to translate CMVS Engine games (PurpleSoftware)

Hello there, sorry i'm kinda new to these things so i never use the .exe you use here except the arc_conv. I did try some searching to it but it seems i have to do the compiling myself. But the thing is, it seems i have to install vs2013 first to compile it as I'm currently using vs2019. Would you be so kind to share the .exe file you compiled? As it would save me the trouble to install 2 different vs in my low-end laptop, seeing just having one of them is enough to make my laptop screaming in agony.

I would still try to install vs2013 to see if my laptop can handle both though. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Silly me, it seems I can compile it just fine with vs2019. Just have to change the platform toolset of the project. Currently trying to mess with Amatsutsumi and hey it's working so thanks for the tips

EDIT2:
For anyone who just don't want the extra effort to convert .pb3 to .bmp one by one, just try to run this on your cmd:
for /r %i in (*.pb3) do Pb3Decoder.exe "%i"

Edited by Drowsyyy

On 8/4/2022 at 7:33 AM, orangesunshine said:

It was difficult to translate CMVS Engine games as there was no way to repack the files to CPZ. But it was found that the games work without packing to CPZ. You can try the following way.

Example: Mirai Nostalgia - H Scene Trial Edition

Editing scripts:

1. Unpack "data/pack/script.cpz" using arc_conv and move the "code" folder into the "data" folder

2.  Dump "data/code/snzh00.ps2" using Ps2TextDumper.exe and edit snzh00.ps2.txt (Save in UTF-8 without BOM)

Reveal hidden contents

[0x0004167f]「みなさん、こんにちは。桜星学園副会長の、真田かなたです。そしてこちらが――」
;[0x0004167f]Hello, everyone. I am Kanata Sanada, vice president of Sakuraboshi Gakuen. And this is--

3. Repack snzh00.ps2 using PurplePS3Packer.exe

4. Edit cmvs.cfg to change fonts

[MESSAGE_INFO]
FONT=MS Gothic

Editing images:

CMVS Engine can read PNG (No need to convert to PB3)

1. Unpack "data/pack/chip.cpz" using arc_conv and move the "chip" folder into the "data" folder

arc_conv -f cpz5 -c 0 chip.cpz

2. Convert PB3 to BMP using Pb3Decoder.exe

3. After editing the image, save it in PNG and rename the file extension from png to pb3

Editing start.ps2:

Settings required to read files unpacked from CPZ

1. Dump "data/pack/start.ps2" using Ps2TextDumper.exe and edit start.ps2.txt (Save in UTF-8 without BOM)

Reveal hidden contents

[0x0000155d]data\pack\script.cpz
;[0x0000155d]data\code\
[0x00001597]data\pack\chip.cpz
;[0x00001597]data\chip\

2. Repack start.ps2 using PurplePS3Packer.exe

Issues:

• Backlog is not displayed correctly
    ->Using the latest executables for other games (e.g. Amatsutsumi-r64745) might improve it. In this case, rename "start.ps2" to "start.ps3", copy "main.ps2" and rename it to "main.ps3" 

Sample:

Translated by DeepL only at the beginning

https://files.catbox.moe/s7od1y.zip

Reveal hidden contents

UfG9lzU9_o.png

I confirmed that it works the same way in other games (Hapymaher, Chrono Clock, Amatsutsumi).

You can do the same using SRL and GARbro. GARbro provides the ability to extract .cpz archives and .pb2/.pb3 images through UI, while SRL provides string replacements(editing scripts), It has auto install for CMVS engine, so it should be able to cover every CMVS game. imo it's a lot more convenient than having to use cmd. I also cooked up a simple piece of code which renames images from .png to .pb3 and vice versa, which you can download here(includes both the executable and source code).

If you want a more detailed guide on how to do it with this approach, you can find it here

1 hour ago, Grayscale said:

You can do the same using SRL and GARbro. GARbro provides the ability to extract .cpz archives and .pb2/.pb3 images through UI, while SRL provides string replacements(editing scripts), It has auto install for CMVS engine, so it should be able to cover every CMVS game. imo it's a lot more convenient than having to use cmd. I also cooked up a simple piece of code which renames images from .png to .pb3 and vice versa, which you can download here(includes both the executable and source code).

If you want a more detailed guide on how to do it with this approach, you can find it here

Well, you can simple batch rename extension with this command on cmd: ren *.pb3 *.png, also same with from png to pb3: ren *.png *.pb3

Edited by Sisulizer

19 hours ago, Sisulizer said:

Well, you can simple batch rename extension with this command on cmd: ren *.pb3 *.png, also same with from png to pb3: ren *.png *.pb3

Just putting an alternative out there, since the method shown here does not work for me, loading freezes up on intproc.ps3 and never unfreezes, making the vn unplayable with the extracted scripts(perhaps I'm doing something wrong, however, as of now I've had little luck with it)

Sooo, changing the script init path changed the directory in which it looked for the start.ps3 script(rather than changing from where the cpz files are loaded from), which means moving start.ps3 into said directory, which would not coexist with the start.ps3 in the archive. as for extracting the archive itself, I did try out a few extractors that aren't GARbro, primarily this and this, all of which crashed when I tried extracting any .cpz archive

3 hours ago, Grayscale said:

Sooo, changing the script init path changed the directory in which it looked for the start.ps3 script(rather than changing from where the cpz files are loaded from), which means moving start.ps3 into said directory, which would not coexist with the start.ps3 in the archive. as for extracting the archive itself, I did try out a few extractors that aren't GARbro, primarily this and this, all of which crashed when I tried extracting any .cpz archive

That's what I'm afraid about, there's also this tool, but the it's only work fir extracting specific games, like cpz7unpack work for aoitori only

10 hours ago, Sisulizer said:

That's what I'm afraid about, there's also this tool, but the it's only work fir extracting specific games, like cpz7unpack work for aoitori only

This one I had to translate from chinese a bit, regardless, both cpz6 and cpz7 state it as an unsupported header. I've tried all the tools on both hapymaher and hapymaher fd, outcome is the same.
unknown.png

1 hour ago, Grayscale said:

This one I had to translate from chinese a bit, regardless, both cpz6 and cpz7 state it as an unsupported header. I've tried all the tools on both hapymaher and hapymaher fd, outcome is the same.
unknown.png

If only somebody can mode GARbro to extract without decyption...

On 12/22/2023 at 6:12 AM, Sisulizer said:

There's no need to inject anymore, it has a loader now. Thus, you can make it into a proxy.

CMVS.lib
Rut.lib
RxHook.lib
RxINI.lib
RxJson.lib
VFSExtract.dll
VFSExtract.exp
VFSExtract.lib
VFSHook.dll
VFSHook.exp
VFSHook.lib

MGVEditor.exe
PS3TextEditor.exe

Here's just what I was able to build Visual studio 2022.

Now which of the files here is what?

Exe's are not loader...

I copied the files to the root of this VN https://vndb.org/v10957

CMVS.lib
Rut.lib
RxHook.lib
RxINI.lib
RxJson.lib
VFSExtract.dll
VFSExtract.exp
VFSExtract.lib
VFSHook.dll
VFSHook.exp
VFSHook.lib

FileHook folder formed
VN does not read files from the folder

Bottom line: https://github.com/Dir-A/CMVS-Tools doesn't work (no old version, no one knows how the new one works).

1 hour ago, Sisulizer said:

Regret end?

Do I get an answer or not, what am I doing wrong?
Otherwise your reply yesterday at 06:12 AM: There's no need to inject anymore, it has a loader now. Thus, you can make it into a proxy.

It doesn't do anything.

Because:
1. Since you said loader, it must be in exe or bat format (developers do not provide any other options to run it on windows), and I don't have them and you didn't specify them.
2. The universal folder from which the files will be read is not specified (in the old version, when receiving entry points, the folder for reading files could be changed).

I am waiting for your answer, not strange formulations.