Mashiro Iro Symphony Remake in 2023

tahu157

• 6 months later...
On 7/11/2022 at 5:15 PM, tahu157 said:

So I'm a little confused here. It appears that there is a remake, and a Sana edition. Does the remake not include the Sana content? Would be kinda weird if that was the case.

Necroing my own thread that got no engagement here, but yes, this does appear to be the case. The remake does not include the Sana route. The Sana edition is just Sana's route. In order to get all routes you need both versions.

I put my preorder in for both versions last night. Anyone else excited for the remake and/or the Sana edition?

Nah. This VN is great, but remake does nothing for me - unless they make Hi-Res PC port of PSP version (Mutsu no Hana), and keep it all-ages - now that would be interesting :D

(Most of the scenes that were added in all-ages edition as replacement for sex scenes were really good, and I'd take them any day over the h-scenes. Also PSP version had another additional route apart from Sana's - it was for new character Yutsuki, who is exclusive to console version)

Edited by adamstan

3 hours ago, adamstan said:

Nah. This VN is great, but remake does nothing for me - unless they make Hi-Res PC port of PSP version (Mutsu no Hana), and keep it all-ages - now that would be interesting :D

(Most of the scenes that were added in all-ages edition as replacement for sex scenes were really good, and I'd take them any day over the h-scenes. Also PSP version had another additional route apart from Sana's - it was for new character Yutsuki, who is exclusive to console version)

Well, I'm all for the 18+ version, and I never got around to tracking down a physical copy of the original. So this is a good opportunity for me to finally get it. I actually do have a copy of the PSP version but no working PSP at the moment so I've never read it. I completely forgot about Yutsuki, and it is a shame that she's not included in either of these editions. Maybe in another 14 years they'll do another remake with something crazy like 16K resolution and also a Yutsuki version as a separate purchase :makina:

Honestly speaking, I'm not quite excited here even with Tsubasu's art and the addition for Sana's route, because it's still not available for English version yet. That said, I'm still hope that someday a publisher would willing to localize Mashiro Iro here, be it either Nekonyan, Shiravune, or if worst come to the worst Sekai Project. Well if anything else, at least HD version looks like to be more definitive version to be localized, even with one less route that was only available for PSP version here. Speaking of new PSP route, I like to guess that Palette will release the special edition for Yutsuki, although it seems to be unlikely for now.

Edited by littleshogun

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

That said, I'm still hope that someday a publisher would willing to localize Mashiro Iro here, be it either Nekonyan, Shiravune, or if worst come to the worst Sekai Project.

When Koi Saku got picked up by Sekai Project I thought for sure that it was only a matter of time before they got around to Mashiro Iro Symphony. That never did happen though, and since then Sekai Project convinced me never to trust localizers lol.

• 3 weeks later...