Help/Tutorial translating an EAGLS Visual Novel

Hello, first post here

I want to try translating a visual novel Honoo no Haramase Oppai Nyuu Doukyuusei ~Oppai mo Haramase! New Class Zen'in Harama-sensation!~ as a hobby project, I'm currently stuck at the point where I need to grab the scene text, I did manage to locate them with Garbro.

What tools do I need to extract, edit/translate and export them into the game? I've seen a few post here but the tools and tutorial links are dead, or I didn't look closely enough?

Thanks!

Edited by POLTATO

You can keep the SCPACK files in the script folder. Put the files from the archive next to the game executable and try double clicking on unpack.bat, a Script.txt folder will be created automatically. Edit the extracted script files there, save your changes and put everything back with pack.bat. This overwrites the original SCPACK files. Good luck!

Edited by Joshiben

While translating I came across this line "湧き上がる衝動を抑えきれず、ミシェルの早熟な身体を(y=ピ)競(y=ス)技(y=ト)台の上に押し倒した。"

If I translate this line into English, the game would just show half of the English text and crashes, I think it has something to do with the bracketed phonetics. I'm looking for other methods to edit this line. If I skip this line and translate the next line, the game behaves normal after I repack it

This also happens without the brackets but translated text ends up longer (NSFW) https://i.imgur.com/2OSgB22.png text appearing on screen also appears when translated the aforementioned line

Edited by POLTATO

@Joshiben by now I think its the text formatting, you mention some command line in the script extracting forum:

For the record: most game scripts I had available don't use any text formatting, yet quite a few commands are supported:
(e) puts text on the next row
(y=・) furigana
(f=1) set font size to 1 for example, can be 0-9 for gothic and 10-19 for mincho, the mapping number<->fontsize varies between games
(c=r,g,b) text color; rgb values between 0-255
(s=r,g,b) text outline; rgb values between 0-255
(r) reset text formatting
<> escapes brackets, for example

How do I use them?

Edited by POLTATO

16 hours ago, POLTATO said:

show half of the English text and crashes

Some text characters like the apostrophe among others get interpreted by the game engine and cause crashes. Avoid them and try to use substitutes like ` or ´ , whatever looks better.

16 hours ago, POLTATO said:

something to do with the bracketed phonetics

Better option is to omit them entirely, you probably don't want furigana in English. Just translate normally.

15 hours ago, POLTATO said:

How do I use them?

Example for how to break lines manually via text formatting:

&1337"「First row(E)  Second row(E)  Third row」"

23 hours ago, Joshiben said:

Some text characters like the apostrophe among others get interpreted by the game engine and cause crashes. Avoid them and try to use substitutes like ` or ´ , whatever looks better.

Better option is to omit them entirely, you probably don't want furigana in English. Just translate normally.

Example for how to break lines manually via text formatting:

&1337"「First row(E)  Second row(E)  Third row」"

I got the texts working this time (NSFW) https://imgur.com/a/eW6Bjuq