Snow by Studio Mebius

Novel21

I'm so happy Snowy Ryujin TL decide to translate Snow, since it's one of VN I want to get translated and now I can finally play it in English. 

I'm so happy I could cry 🥺

I'm going to play Snow but sadly I'm not sure I can buy it since I'm from Norway in Europe and I don't know where to buy it.

Who else it's looking forward to play Snow? 

Who it's your favorite character? 

Do you like this type of VN? 

It seems to be nakige, and I love those, so I'm looking forward to play it - actually it has been sitting on my wishlist for some time already. But I'm probably going to read PSP or PS2 version ;)

I saw some people complaining that it's a Kanon rip-off, but I don't care :P

Edited by adamstan

18 minutes ago, adamstan said:

It seems to be nakige, and I love those, so I'm looking forward to play it - actually it has been sitting on my wishlist for some time already. But I'm probably going to read PSP or PS2 version ;)

I saw some people complaining that it's a Kanon rip-off, but I don't care :P

Kanon rip-off huh, I don't care since I have played little bit of Kanon and really enjoy game very much. I have watched anime of Kanon as well.

Eh, I mean I don't mean to be a downer but I'm not one to censor my opinions either. When I first felt comfortable enough with my Japanese, I read Snow since I'm a huge fan of Kanon and I heard its Japanese isn't very difficult. Short end of the story, I ended up dropping it because I found it very boring and not nearly as charming as Kanon. Admittedly, apparently relative to other VN fans my standards are rather high. But, I did find Snow to be a tremendous disappointment. And this is coming from somebody who really wanted to like it (since I both love nakiges and snow-settings)

1 hour ago, Zalor said:

Eh, I mean I don't mean to be a downer but I'm not one to censor my opinions either. When I first felt comfortable enough with my Japanese, I read Snow since I'm a huge fan of Kanon and I heard its Japanese isn't very difficult. Short end of the story, I ended up dropping it because I found it very boring and not nearly as charming as Kanon. Admittedly, apparently relative to other VN fans my standards are rather high. But, I did find Snow to be a tremendous disappointment. And this is coming from somebody who really wanted to like it (since I both love nakiges and snow-settings)

Don't worry I like your opinions and I'm going to play lite bit more before I can say, I like it or not.  

On 6/26/2022 at 1:30 AM, Novel21 said:

Don't worry I like your opinions and I'm going to play lite bit more before I can say, I like it or not.  

I certainly recommend checking it out for yourself. One thing I should mention is that I think the VN's Opening is classic (it's part of the reason I had such high expectations)

27 minutes ago, Zalor said:

I certainly recommend checking it out for yourself. One thing I should mention is that I think the VN's Opening is classic (it's part of the reason I had such high expectations)

Yes I loved opening as well, it's it just me or does opening sounds like opening in Kanon.

39 minutes ago, Bredan said:

Yeah, no, not for me. This can't be compared to Last Regrets or even Ruins-a-dream.

Haven't read Snow (for now at least, maybe I'll try it sometimes) but from the opening alone, I'm not sold.

Yes I'm in love with Kanon opening like Last Regrets and Ruins-a-dream, I love these opening more than opening in Snow.

37 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

Yes I'm in love with Kanon opening like Last Regrets and Ruins-a-dream, I love these opening more than opening in Snow.

I linked the VN opening version of Last Regrets but if you didn't already, I suggest you to listen to the full version (I'm not sure whether it has been made for the VN or later for the anime, but anyways).

Snow's translator here. No, really.

The VN's very reminiscent of Kanon, and I would say the story is better. The individual routes are more interconnected too. For an old nakige, it's a good read so long as you're okay with SoL.
And I recommend waiting 2 weeks from now before playing it so I can finish my own readthrough/check. There's still typos and stuff that need fixing. We'll update the patch files afterwards.

Our project head kind of rushed the release.

2 hours ago, Hiashi said:

The VN's very reminiscent of Kanon, and I would say the story is better. The individual routes are more interconnected too. For an old nakige, it's a good read so long as you're okay with SoL.

That's nice to hear :). And when I watched the credits before OP, I realized that it's been published by Visual Arts (KEY's parent brand), so similarities with Kanon shouldn't be that surprising ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I see that we finally have another retro VN translated. It also should be noted that while the VN is following the story from KEY VNs at that time (Kanon and Air), the company here is the predecessor of Yuzusoft with both of the artist and the composer is the main staff for Yuzusoft VNs. The company itself also has some nukige VNs in the past, although then again it's nothing special seeing that our Jun Maeda was also involved in Moon (Which has some twisted contents) before forming KEY. As for the opening, well it's quite long indeed although at least I can say it's quite nice to hear (Whether it's better to Kanon OP or not is another matter). Anyway as long as you can get past the old art (Especially Sumino's mother one which to say is not good looking), I think it should be nice VN to read.

PS - Forgot to say this beforehand, so I'll say congratulation to the team in regard of the release of Snow full translation patch here.

Edited by littleshogun

By old art I didn't mean that it's really bad (It's just that some people may prefer newer graphic), and as for Sumino's mother actually it's more like the proportion of her body that didn't quite balanced. As for what it is, it's easy to figure but some things are better left unsaid (For the info I did see a blogpost did mention about it, and now I can't unseen it). Anyway as long as you can enjoy Snow graphic it's fine.

PS - Actually I also like some of the character design here, such as Sumino (Yeah I know it's quite ironic) and Asahi here.

Edited by littleshogun