~~~

Humans are weak.  For once, I don't say this in a manner meant to express my own, generally cynical, way of looking at human nature in general.  I say this rather to emphasize a simple reality we tend to forget when we get caught up in our immediate problems and issues, buried in the minutiae of our daily lives and the suffering and despair swirling in our souls...  human beings are terrible at dealing with problems without some kind of 'support' to keep them on their feet.

In my case, it was the distraction of books first, then adding games and anime later on, with VNs being my latest addiction.  For others, it is the presence of someone who cares.  For others, it is the existence of someone who is worse off than themselves (a disgusting way of comforting yourself, but that's humankind for you).  For yet others, it is a community like this one, a thin thread that leads you to others who share a common interest or quality with you.

People need something to depend on, just to remain sane at times.  Supportive words from another human being when you are at your worst is often all it takes to help you retain something resembling a healthy psyche.  Alone, without such supports, humans break down in a ridiculously short period of time. 

I'm sure that there are people who can remain sane and stable with only their own thoughts for company.  However, such people fall into the realms of living saints and madmen, so expecting such of yourself is harsh and fundamentally ridiculous. 

If a community like this can grant you a form of salvation, then there is nothing wrong with it.  A sense of commonality is often the only thing that keeps us from going over the edge.  There is no shame in any of this.  If anyone says otherwise, they are either a sociopath (an individual incapable of comprehending empathy and its necessity for both the giver and receiver), an ideologue (thus being fundamentally incapable of admitting when they are wrong or accepting the truth of opposing ideas), or a liar. 

Oddly, Naomi, it is confessions like this that often remind me that I'm not any of those three, sad as that is.  Empathy and the desire for it are often all that separates a human from a monster wearing a human's skin.

I didn't know such sad stories existed out of literature. I should not have read this while I was still in class (just got sent to the nurse's office because I was starting to cry t.t)

Anyways, you really are strong. I can't even imagine being in your situation :/
(Through reading this, I had the song" Carry On" from Muv Luv stuck in my head)