Dramatical Murder won't open

eva_unit02

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale?:  Yes

Game Name:  Dramatical Murder

Description of Problem:  The game will not open, and an error message pops up.

Operating System:  Windows 7 (on a Mac with bootcamp)

64 or 32 bit:  64 bit

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?:  Yep, all three tries.

What did you already try?:  Umm, pretty much everything I could find on these forums. I've downloaded the game three different times. The third time I got further into opening it than the previous attempts (I used BitTorrent instead of Vuze which I used for the first two downloads. Vuze was the problem with the first two tries because an encoding error).

This time I was able to run the installation program (sdrt4280j is its name), but running DMMd only makes an error pop up.

The DMMd_crack_for_ver110 will open to a black screen for a few seconds then immediately close. I tried opening SdActi and then closing it, but it didn't seem to help.

My computer has been restarted and shut down multiple times (I've been trying to get this to work for the past three days). I double-check the system locale each time. It is still set to Japan.

I am the admin on my computer, so that's not an issue here.

I also downloaded and installed CCCP codec pack. Still no improvement.

I did notice something strange while I was typing this. No matter how many times I un-check the Read Only box in the properties of the game's folder, it immediately reverts back to a read only file. Perhaps this is the root of the problem?

This is the error I get when I try to open DMMd:

BYrw3plCUAA0VG_.jpg

I actually just made an account in hopes someone might be able to figure out what's wrong. Since this is my first post, I apologize if I've done anything incorrectly. Also, sorry this post is so wordy :c

I just tried installing AppLocale but it doesn't seem to like my computer, so it wouldn't install. I've never had that happen before. It probably has something to do with bootcamp.

Directx is up to date.

I've uninstalled CCCP codec pack to install the K-Lite codec pack, but the game still isn't working.

I don't have any antivirus running.

Thank you for the welcome, and thanks for your suggestions c:

I did notice something strange while I was typing this. No matter how many times I un-check the Read Only box in the properties of the game's folder, it immediately reverts back to a read only file. Perhaps this is the root of the problem?

Is your torrent client still running and seeding it? If so, it will keep the files locked. Either unseed or copy the files somewhere else before trying to install patches/run/etc.

Is your torrent client still running and seeding it? If so, it will keep the files locked. Either unseed or copy the files somewhere else before trying to install patches/run/etc.

The torrent client isn't running. I even completely removed DMMd from its queue to make sure it wasn't secretly seeding it in the background. 

The past few days my Windows side has been having a hard time updating (because the Mac side comes swooping in to stop it. Not sure why), but the update finally finished today. Today I was able to finally un-check the Read Only box. This time when I opened DMMd_crack, the usual black box had the title in the top bar of it. Sadly, I consider that an improvement in this situation.

I'm about to try AppLocale now. I hadn't been able to get around to it because of work.

Ok. So, I'm having pretty much exactly the same problem so there's no reason to start a new thread.

I bought a copy and installed the game and everything went like it should. i changed the locale, i updated the direct x, i downloaded the AppLocale to try and help, i downloaded the cccp, Every time I try and open the game it comes up with a black screen for a few seconds and then crashes. The only thing I can think of would be to uninstall and try again? I don't know what else to do, does anyone have any advice? 

i downloaded the english patch from the aarinfantasy link that was posted a while back I might download the patch from here too, idk... , i haven't moved it into the DMMd folder yet though. I don't think it's that. I uninstalled and made sure I had everything I downloaded the first time around, but I noticed that there isn't a Japanese option on the AppLocale drop down menu when you select the language of the program. I don't know if its just not coming together right, or if theres a problem with what I'm doing. 

i downloaded the english patch from the aarinfantasy link that was posted a while back I might download the patch from here too, idk... , i haven't moved it into the DMMd folder yet though. I don't think it's that. I uninstalled and made sure I had everything I downloaded the first time around, but I noticed that there isn't a Japanese option on the AppLocale drop down menu when you select the language of the program. I don't know if its just not coming together right, or if theres a problem with what I'm doing. 

Just a heads up, I believe the copy we have has been patched, so it won't be a standalone patch. With the fuwan one, you just need to run the activator and then the ENG file and it runs in English.

• 6 months later...

Hey for some reason every time I play the Noiz route it glitches out at the part where you have to make a bunch of choices in the dark room of his mind and takes me back to the beginning of the game. From there I am unable to load any of the screens. I have downloaded the game three times now and it still hasn't fixed the problem, my computer is set to Japanese locale, the torrent is not seeding, and I have attempted multiple reboots. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this?

Hey for some reason every time I play the Noiz route it glitches out at the part where you have to make a bunch of choices in the dark room of his mind and takes me back to the beginning of the game. From there I am unable to load any of the screens. I have downloaded the game three times now and it still hasn't fixed the problem, my computer is set to Japanese locale, the torrent is not seeding, and I have attempted multiple reboots. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this?

This has been answered a few times already. The "glitching" is part of the route and you are supposed to just continue playing through it. Blame the developers/writers for making it so confusing    :mellow:

This has been answered a few times already. The "glitching" is part of the route and you are supposed to just continue playing through it. Blame the developers/writers for making it so confusing    :mellow:

Hi, i'm so sorry i am asking this again. I was having the same problem as eowinth and I don't know what to do anymore. I tried repeating the game (Noiz's route) but it always blacks out after showing Nitro+Chiral logo. It would glitch for few seconds then takes me back again to the first part of the game wherein Aoba is describing the old district. 

How am i supposed to continue if it keeps on bringing me back on the first part of the game? How do you guys finish Noiz route?

I'm really sorry. I tried searching for other threads concerning this but I'm so stupid. i couldn't find it. >.<

(Please pardon my English. It's not first language.)