Loretta — a psychological thriller

butuzoff

2okxTKX.png

Hey y'all!

My name is Yakov and I would like to tell you about the game I have worked on for several years - Loretta.

Loretta is a psychological thriller that would make the player an accessory to the heroine’s crimes and would lead her through a self-crafted nightmare. This story is about a woman, dealing with betrayal, her husband’s infidelity, relationships problems and a difficult social situation of the 1940s.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112c2e768f460549eda1

On STEAM

Conceptually and aesthetically, the game is inspired by the American art of the twentieth century, the works of Andrew Wyeth and Edward Hopper, film noir of the 40s-50s, thrillers by Alfred Hitchcock, the Philip Ridley movie "The Reflecting Skin", the books "1922" by Stephen King and "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov.

gK5BYdC.png

Story

The year is 1947. Lora and Walter Harris move to a farm, which used to belong to his parents. Walter is a writer and Lora is a housewife. Both are quite unsuccessful.

The family is going through financial difficulties. The situation is also complicated by the fact that Walter owes money to people from New York. And although the husband keeps it a secret from his wife, Lora has a suspicion. Moreover, she suspects him of cheating.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761161c066f73389fa742f

Lora understands that she gave up her job, her dreams and other opportunities for her failure of a husband she doesn’t even love. Now she is stuck in a cold empty house barely making ends meet.

As she struggles to make loan payments, she finds out that Walter’s publishing house has insured his life. In the event of his death, the insurance sum would be 30.000$. A plan is born in Lora’s mind.

RXTYsxt.png

EbyfCdy.png

Gameplay

Loretta is a story-driven adventure game in which gameplay focuses on choosing phrases in dialogue, interacting with objects, and making decisions: planning the murder and getting rid of the evidence. Killing a husband, trying to cover a crime, Loretta makes a player an accomplice.

For quite a long time I was enthralled by writing an ambiguous hero, even an anti-hero. Although not the most popular topic, it is probably one of the main challenges for me in "Loretta": to create a complex character, who, despite her evil actions, would evoke sympathy and understanding if not forgiveness.

Sooner or later in life, every person faces betrayal, poverty, and other challenges of fate. Everyone tries to settle them in their own way, but what if one goes all-in? Loretta dears to try.

692kqHr.png

It’s a story of a person fighting with their desires. It’s about frustration, lies, betrayal, relationships between man and woman, creativity, crimes, mysteries and even… love.

I’m not going to lie, the game turns out quite unusual. It has a distinctive style. I'am myself am slowly falling in love with the heroine, although she behaves like a damn brute. In the entire game, Loretta can kill fewer people than the main character of any shooter on the first level only. And my task here is to make the story feel exciting and interesting.

I invite you to play a free demo of Loretta on next Steam Fest and write a review. I read everything and will highly appreciate it as it will help me make the game better!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b1f0e7d307e554337a

In the meantime, you can add Loretta to the wishlist so you don't miss the release!

Thank you!:3

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1592540/Loretta/
twitter: https://twitter.com/yabutuzoff

Edited by butuzoff

• 2 weeks later...