Fuuraiki 3 (Vita) - Technical

attackotter

banner-png.306008

A friend and I have been discussing the possibility of a fan translation for Fuuraiki 3.
He's a Japanese to English translator, and a huge fan of the series.
I'm a hobbyist graphic designer, and I'll be the image editor and project manager for this fan translation.

We've hit some major roadblocks on the technical side of things and would really appreciate any help we can get in overcoming them.

Fuuraiki 3 was published for PSVita by Nippon Ichi Software, and as such uses NIS's archive formats.
Existing tools for NIS games are able to unpack and repack the files with few problems, but there are a few major issues that get in the way of us committing to this translation.

Current Issues:

• Reinsertion/Repacking: The English script files cannot be larger than the Japanese files or it overwrites other files in the archive.
  • Font: The default font sucks, plain and simple. There aren't really any tools to work with this font format, and the one I have found, I haven't gotten to work.
  • Text: The game supports plain English characters but is unable to display regular space characters unless preceded by a quotation mark. Full width space characters have been used as a workaround, but they waste a lot of the limited space available.

The scripts are text files contained in the archives "sinario.dat" and "kigi.dat" (both DSARC FL). These are contained in the "dat1.dat" (FAFULLFS) archive. 

Below are our current attempts at text insertion.

Nagisa

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Sayo

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Izumi

Spoiler

Akari

Spoiler