Looking for visual novels somewhat like ATRI -My Dear Moments-

ilwb

Somewhat new to visual novels, with only a few under my belt. Hopefully this isn't too specific but basically I'm looking for a visual novels that have some combination of

- Sad elements but have a bittersweet/happy ending

- Take place somewhat in the future (or have futuristic elements), doesn't need to have a ton

- Super bubbly (optionally a bit ditzy) heroine

- Some romance elements 

- English translation available (one day I'll learn Japanese I swear)

Optional/Nice to haves:

- School setting

- No/minimal h-scenes

- I also really liked the ATRI's artstyle

Stuff I've read and really liked in no particular order:

- ATRI

- Rewrite

- Steins;Gate

- Aokana

Thanks for taking a look at this and even more if you have any recommendations :)

Edited by ilwb

Himawari Pebble in the Sky has a sci fi setting with part of it taking place in space. Some of it takes place is school, but not a focus. As far as heroines, a lot of people like Aqua I guess. Island is also sci fi with time travel in it. It has an adult protagonist so no school setting. Island has a very cute and bubbly heroine in the future portion of it. Himawari has outright sad and bittersweet endings while Island has happy endings but it's true route is open to imagination. Both turn more serious as you get into the story and both are all ages. If you are able and willing to use translation software, I would most definitely recommend Sakura Moyu -as the Night's, Reincarnation. 

20 hours ago, adamstan said:

I think you might like Planetarian from KEY and PARQUET from Yuzusoft. They're both bittersweet tales set in the future, like ATRI (although Planetarian leans more towards sad side).

I'll definitely check those two out, really like the artstyle for PARQUET in particular, thanks!

14 hours ago, Erogamer said:

Himawari Pebble in the Sky has a sci fi setting with part of it taking place in space. Some of it takes place is school, but not a focus. As far as heroines, a lot of people like Aqua I guess. Island is also sci fi with time travel in it. It has an adult protagonist so no school setting. Island has a very cute and bubbly heroine in the future portion of it. Himawari has outright sad and bittersweet endings while Island has happy endings but it's true route is open to imagination. Both turn more serious as you get into the story and both are all ages. If you are able and willing to use translation software, I would most definitely recommend Sakura Moyu -as the Night's, Reincarnation. 

I think it's called Himawari -The Sunflower- on Steam or at least, but it sounds super interesting, thanks :)

Island also looks really nice so I'll definitely try it out afterwards. I'll also keep Sakura Moyu in mind if I ever do end up using translation software, thanks a bunch!

Well there's Harmonia if you want some VN like Planetarian (Also same developer) with it also has some sad ending. Other than that, if you like the writer's writing perhaps you can try both of Miagete (Note that Pulltop did cut the sex scenes for overseas release) and Umikana because both works are from the same writer who wrote ATRI (Konno Asta). Lastly you can try Summer Pockets in which while it's not set in the future at least it's quite closer to other KEY VNs. In case you still didn't read those then I hope that my recommendations here will be helpful to you.