Programming learning question

Tsukasa

I don't know if that's the right topic to ask, so my bad. 

But I wanted to know where could I start learning programming to be able to edit at least old VNs scripts someday. I know it's a hard task and will mostly take quite of time to even get there, but I was searching for some advices about how could I start my study alone, what type of language is recommended for start and so on. 

Edited by Tsukasa

There' the old Insani 'So you want to be a hacker?' series of blogposts. They do a pretty good job of explaining how archive files work and how to go about picking them apart. There's 5 parts I think and he writes a simple extractor script in Python in one of the parts.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080516023554/http://sekai.insani.org/archives/7

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 5:49 PM, HataVNI said:

Thanks man, that's really helpful!

I've been studying for some time already! I'm going slowly, but I'm going.

I've an second question if anyone can answer it; I know that different VNs have different engines so the process goes different from each one, but I wanna try to get some excerpts of Dies Irae to translate into my native language (that's not english). What engine does it use? Is it easy to mess up with?